Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooray, I'm home!!

Unfortunately right back to work this morning for me. Everyone in the house is blissfully sleeping, while I am eating a donut stick (you know the kind that's covered in wax and is ROCK HARD!!!) and drinking coffee. I am going in at 7:30 so I can leave early, too. So many things to do around here, it blows my mind.

DS got an XBOX for Christmas, and last night it tipped over and caused grooves in one of the games. I read online that this is common with this machine. So today while I'm in town I need to take the disk to a game store and see if their machine is able to get it out. If not, I think we will have to buy a new game. :( Definitely unfrugal, but he only has one other game for it and it wasn't his fault. Boo.

Other than just cleaning and doing 14 loads of laundry tonight, I will focus on my family! Have a great day!

-Vanessa

·
27,948 Posts
Hope they can fix the disk Vanessa & never had a doughnut stick,lol.

No mice to add to the count today, maybe we got all of them...if there were 2 & if they were the opposite sex then maybe there are little mice running around...I'll keep the traps set.

Little warmer and much less wind today so Riley shouldn't come home from his walk with fluffy white eyebrows and a beard.:D

Not much on the agenda, hopping in the shower soon & want to go thru the linen closet to purge & clean. It's the one spot that regularly needs attention. Guess we are always in a hurry to get things out of there that we aren't as careful.
I'll make some time for reading too as my books are due back the 3rd.
Hope you all get some positive attention today.:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good morning, friends!

I have a major case of the "lazies" this morning.....it's my last day off before going back to work and I'd rather be doing something "fun" than working around the house today. Maybe I can convince DH to go with me to see a movie or something. We haven't been out together in AGES.

Other than that, I put a couple of things on Freecycle and hope they will be gone by the end of the day.....we have been blessed with so much stuff and just need to get rid of some things that we are no longer using.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I have been a busy bee this morning.

Cleaned both bathrooms.
Made beds(not dds, she is IN it lol)
unloaded the dishwasher
ran a load of laundry, then another, and have one more load.
made my home made fabric freshener and doused the house
ran the mop in kitchen utility and my sewing room
gathered dirty clothes
made tea for the day

It's funny, once you get a handle on your house it cleans up so fast. Yesterday I had so much extra time I redid my sewing room meaning it all came out of the room, shelves moved, and all scrapping and quilting and beading organized with still time left for computer and visiting my mom.

Today I will sweep house, run my duster over the furniture and keep the dishes OUT OF THE SINK( they drive me nuts, the people in this house--the dishwasher is right there!) and my sink shiny and call it clean!

Chilimac for dinner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
the XBox needs to lay flat or it will run a grove in all the discs, (have been there) Do not stand it up at all.

I have a 17 year old and after 3 years of Xbox and the online gaming with it and his bad additude the thing finally died and we told him we would not replace it and he has been such a nice person ever since, best thing I ever did was get rid of that thing.

Just watch your child that stupid xbox and all those shoot and kill games will actually change them.

·
19,119 Posts
Good Morning everyone!!

Lots to do again today and not enough energy to cover it all!!

Will be teaching from 7 to noon - only three days this week for three children with severe disabilities.

Then taking one of the students home to pick up her mom - then we'll head out to Salvation Army where I'll drop off stuff and they'll poke around for some great finds!! I'm holding off from bringing anything else home!!

We'll probably go to Barnes and Noble - we all love books and I want to check out my new Nook there too!!

Laundry tonight and then more paperwork to wrap up the old year.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's cloudy & nasty here today.
Changed the sheets on all the beds and have them in the wash.
Already dusted the living room, swept the kitchen & laundry room.
Put some eggs to boil to make egg salad sandwiches for lunch.
Love using the eggs from my hens.
Collected 6 eggs from the hens this morning (thanks girls!):sun:
Might try to get some sewing done this afternoon.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Back at work today....still a ghost town :)
Will probably leave a little early....I found out everyone left early yesterday but no one told me....grrrrrrrrrrr oh well

Walked for about 2 hours on the walking workstation today.We have treadmill workstations set up like any office in the building, that we can walk on while we work.We can walk up to 2 hrs and no faster than 2 mph. I am really trying to get used to it, love the concept but I get a little dizzy feeling while walking and working. Maybe after a while I will get more used to it.

Lunch with a friend today.

No plans this evening...... I did check the tracking on my ereader I ordered, it may be delivered today. I returned my kindle and ordered a different ereader. I was not impressed with the kindle and the new device I ordered saved me $35. I just hope I like it. I think I will like a back-lit device with more internet capabilities. I didn't like the idea of needing a light to read in the dark. I also didn't realize how much I sit in the dark and read online, LOL.

Tenderloins or chicken sandwiches and maybe mac-n-cheese depending how hungry we are for dinner.

Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Oh man, what a day. This week I have to do all of my husbands chores, as he didn't come home this weekend, and he wont be home again next weekend. Our "agreement" is he does outside and I do inside. So yesterday I shovelled coal into the coal bin. Today, I shovelled snow. I am so tired and exhausted that the inside of my house is suffering for it! Unfortunately, the shovelling has to get done. The laundry and dishes can wait. Maybe after lunch I will have some more energy.

Later this afternoon, after I shower (pee-uuuu) ;) we have to go to walmart to get my mom's medications, and also maybe some milk and eggs just in case it snows again!

·
Registered
742 Posts
We are getting a late start today.
My agenda today include dishes, laundry and cleaning bathrooms. My DH and I are also working on decluttering, so I need to work on sorting things in the spare room. The kids also I have an appointment this afternoon.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've been lazily enjoying this week I have off work, so not a whole lot has gotten done lol. I did manage to take the tree and decorations in the house down this morning (I was tired of chasing the cats out of the tree :) ) vacuum, sweep, and general straightening up. Still have to empty dishwasher, clean fridge, and do laundry sometime today. Other than that, I am staying home, not spending a dime, and being lazy :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Good Morning
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I have been around for a while just continue to fall off the bandwagon.

Looks like I am the only one still dealing with Christmas get togethers. Going to my moms tonight so I am doing a little baking for that. I have to get four dirty Santa gifts ready and I really need to clean this house. Hopefully I will be able to accomplish all, if not I have tomorrow..before Hubby is home for the New Years weekend. I cant seem to get anything done when he is around!

·
27,948 Posts
Tnmom jump in anytime, that goes for anyone, the more the merrier. :thumb:

Bridge, what ereader did you switch to?

Oh got that linen closet done. Woot! Showed hubby it and he said"wow, I can see the floor!" I guess it was past time for someone to clean it up. I got rid of alot of stuff and everything is so much more accessible.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think I'll jump in here too! I need to do something to keep myself motivated and this might just be it. Today I have gotten all the kids presents put away in a place that makes sense. I have gotten caught up on the laundry and started to put the Christmas decorations away. I have leftovers for dinner tonight so that is all taken care of. Now I just have to help the kids finish up their homeschooling for the day and then we can play some board games.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, I didn't get too much done around the house today, but DH's niece was able to go with me to Olive Garden for lunch, so I got to do something fun today. I had a gift card from Christmas, so it didn't cost anything, even with tip!

Unfortunately, I did go clothes shopping afterwards, so it wasn't a tightwad Tuesday here. Most of my pants were threadbare and were literally falling apart (one day my pants split at work) and Lane Bryant was having their semi-annual sale. It's amazing how a new pair of jeans and a new pair of pants can make you feel!!! Especially since one of the pairs was in a SMALLER size!!! Whoohoo!!!

Have a great evening, all and welcome to the newer posters!!!!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
It is definately a lazy time around my house today. I am off work the rest of the week and although there is a ton of stuff I should be doing.....I just dont feel like it! DH worked late today so we had a nice breakfast together ( he cooked) Then I took the dog with me to the bank, the fabric store and Petsmart. She just loves to train in that store and it is a good way to get her out around people. Came back home and have been playing on puter ever since. I need to spend some time this evening doing a load of laundry, generally straigntening up a bit and running the sweeper. Other than that....nada.....

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Worked today. A load of clothes folded, dinner, dishes, floor swept, hubby off to work and all is well.
Darlene your mouse reminded me. We are trying to catch a rat the size of a Sumo Chihuahua at work. Wanna trade?

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
Cat: um no. :mouse:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
The sun was shining today and it warmed up to 32 degrees. It felt so warm after highs of 14 and 17. The dog and I walked around in the snow quite a while today.

DH and DS finished the shelves for my office and put them up today. They are oak. We are out of stain and paint thinner so they couldn't put the finish on them so I'm not putting up any books until they are totally complete. They look so nice! I've been sorting papers and junk since supper. What a mess!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.