Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, gang!

Hope all is well with you this freezing cold morning! I sure didn't want to get out of bed this morning! :( But now that I AM up, I've got lunches packed and I've got a fire,an albeit sad looking one, started in the woodstove.

Today is a go-go-go day. I work today, and during my lunch break I need to return some items that I didn't get returned yesterday. Then after work oldest dd has play practice, so I will have to return for her. After a quick supper, it's back to the school for oldest dd's bball practice and then my PTA meeting. We are setting up items for the kids' Holiday Shoppe. It's so much fun for the kids to be able to buy real presents for their families inexpensively!

I again have not planned for supper. I think it will be frozen shredded beef from my last roast mixed with gravy and then poured over mashed tators. We shall see. :)

Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Nessa, that sounds yummy! Warm and filling on this cold day

I have quite a heavy work schedule in front of me today so I am hoping I dont end up late at the office.

All yesterdays plans fell through and nothing got done so for today I need to try to:
Wrap some holiday gifts
fold and put away laundry
tidy up
run the sweeper
Make HM spanish rice
Make HM Mush for a surprise for DH

Ah well, if I accomplish half this I will work to be satisfied! LOL

·
27,948 Posts
Once again we started this thread at about the same time, lol. Mine was a min before yours.:p No worries I just deleted mine & copied & pasted here.

Good Morning!
Pretty outside with a nice layer of fluffy snow all over everything. As long as I don't have anywhere to go I'm OK with it. :D

Well we finally had to use the furnace this morn as it was 55º in here. Only used it to bring the house up to 65º then off for the day, the fireplace will keep it warm enough. Not bad making it til December 7th but wish we could have gone longer. My no dryer use for laundry game is still on tho.

Happy for Dd, she is moving up within the organization she's working for and the difference in pay is nice enough that she can quit her part time job. It's been a rough couple years for her working those 2, stress & lack of sleep, but she made it thru and I'm so happy for her. Her nights and weekends are hers to do as she wishes. Woohoo. She is going to be so much more relaxed & happy. Does a Moms heart good.

Not much going on here, Jacks out walking the dog & I'm about to head to the shower.
Every once in a while I pick a room and really go to town cleaning it. I think I'll be psyching myself up to tackle the kitchen today, top to bottom cleaning. Not much fun doing it but I know I'll be pleased when it's done.

Hope you psych yourself up to doing something that needs doing and feel great for doing it. Go you!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Good morning ladies. I was up at 7:30 for a change. I really don't want to get into the habit of sleeping much past 6 so I'm slowly getting back on old schedule just in case they call me back to work. Let's see, so far I have put clean dishes away, got DH off to sleep, called his HR rep. about my insurance card(which I need to schedule CT & surgery), it still hasn't arrived. I'm almost done with my :coffee3: for the day then it's paper sorting time again. I'm still not done with the office.:bang: I'm going to do some more reading. I have chicken breast thawing for dinner, and I have to finish the grocery list. Once DH wakes up I need to clean our bathroom, do dinner dishes, & do dishes. That should do it for the day. I will wathc TBL and then go to bed. Hope you all have a safe warm day.

Cat

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
So far, taken dad to get a test done at the hospital and encountered every crusty nurse there is out there - sheesh! First thing in the am too, what gives?!

Need to continue purging as much as I can, I think DF and I are headed up to his place to pack up more stuff to bring here which means we need room to put it. I need a good butt kicking to get me purging more here. :(

Other then that...dad's resting and probably going to make the prime rib roast he wanted to make yesterday.

Hope y'all are having a great day :)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have been to the gym and did the morning chores. I went to the church clothes closet to work and guess what? I adopted a little boy for Christmas! He is the cutest little thing, he came in with his mother to put his Christmas list on the tree. There were fake presents under it and he kept saying," Oh look, a star is on this one" , talking about the bows! I thought he was so funny and cute, he is also the same age as our grandson. He is three. So back we go, I want to get him the same things we bought our grandson, and many were on his list.So back I go, digging for presents.My daughter told me she would buy for his mother. This is my first year buying from our family, not through work.I also need to finish Christmas cookies. I forgot all about lunch and had to make a late stop. Have a good day!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I've been pretty lazy today. But, in my defense, I am a nervous wreck. DD has an interview with Loyola University @ New Orleans for their top scholarship - the Ignatian Scholarship. They only offer 10 per year, full tuition and room. She has a full ride at two other colleges already, but Loyola is one of her top two choices. If she gets this one, she would be ecstatic. Fingers crossed!!!

Dinner is in the crock pot and I am not going to attempt to tackle any chores today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.