Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy February!!

Didn't sleep great, had all sorts of bizarre dreams. But I'm up and going this morning, so I'm thankful for that!

The fire is started, and it's yet another bitter cold morning. Currently sitting at -17 without the wind chill. I hope my van starts this morning, otherwise I'll have to run the gas guzzling Explorer.

Took dd to the doc yesterday, and she is now on antibiotics for a sinus infection. Hopefully she feels better quickly!! We don't have time to get sick around here! lol

Tonight is girl scouts for dd2 after school. Then at 6:30 dd1 has basketball practice while I have a PTA meeting across the hall. Whew, packed evening. I long for a relaxing evening of doing nothing again! This single parenting business is exhausting! :)

I am making it a no spend day. I spent yesterday after the pediatrician at Costco getting some items. But today I am holding off.

Have a great Tuesday!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I'm looking foward to the new month and new challenges. Today, though the weather is nasty, looks to be promising overall.

I'll definately be looking at the budget for the month, seeing what we can cut, and what we need to come up with in addition to my pay to make the bills without touching savings. (We're working off of one income and had been 2.)

I need to put in 8 hours at work today and then I need to make sure to do my upper body weight routine (YUCK :yucky: ) so that I don't get off schedule with my workouts. This is by far the one I dislike the most and always have to force myself to do it. That should be the only downside to the day though :)

Frugally I plan to:
~ workout at home
~ cook dinner at home
~ eat lunch at work that I brought from home
~ kids took thier lunches to school
~ hubby will be working on some home repair stuff useing items and tools from our garage (not sure exactly witch projects are on the agenda today)
~ entertain ourselves with stuff from home and the library (video games, board games, books, each other's company)
~ prep the lunch boxes for tommorrow
~ do the budget for the month

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Hubby is out snow-blowing now but if he stops the auger freezes up on him, nothing like making a miserable job tougher. He's been at it a while now and this isn't even the big part of the storm. Hope the snow blower gets with the program and doesn't cause anymore probs.

I woke up and decided to do all my housework today in case the power goes out we'll be relaxing in a neat house, lol. Laundry is up drying on the racks now too.

Not much else going on, just chatting online and reading. We started a new jigsaw puzzle so that'll keep us out of trouble too.

Stay safe & warm all. Feel better all you under the weather people.:heartsm:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Got up at 4 to thunder, sleet, hail, and snow. It is Texas and anything is possible. Started a fire and working on the computer this morning and will put a pot of soup on for tonight. I live only 30 minutes from cowboy stadium, so I am sure that the steeler and packer fans brought the cold with them.

2011 Change jar challenge--$58.00 for Jan.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Didn't go and volunteer since I thought it would be all rain and ice outside. Not yet but it is coming.

Am very glad to be inside. Decided to crank the heat up to 65 degrees. Did some dusting, still need to vacuum.

Have been able not to spend any money since last week. Just need to make it to two more days. Really is satisfying to know I had the stockpile to eat out of.

Hope everyone is warm and safe.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Not much going on here today. I'm getting ready to head into town to see my employer and give them the dates I'll be needing off just in case they are getting ready to call us back to work. Thank God for 4wd. I also have to call about a job through unemployment, even though I can't take it they said to call so they can't hold it against me. Dinner will be leftovers, dishes afterwards, sweep kitchen floor, do some reading, maybe watch some tv and then bed.

Cat

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm also in Texas and we're having an "Ice Day," so no work or school today. Making homemade bread (rising now) to make the house smell all cozy and welcoming. Watching the news and I am so thankful that I didn't get out on the roads this morning (although husband works at job where they HAVE to be there so he braved it). Grammarbug, I'm not far from you, just in another direction from that stadium so we share the same weather. Sunny and currently 17 degrees. (It was 70 on Sunday.)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
It's a cold rainy day here today so I'm staying in. I've done 3 loads of laundry, ironed, paid bills and reconciled bank statement. I still need to make dinner and clean up the kitchen.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good afternoon, all!

I'm home sick today, but will venture to the chiropractor's office in a little while. The anti-biotics I am on are messing with my stomach and intestines, so I'll purchase some intestinal floura from him. That way I can get some good bacteria going again...the anti-biotics destroy all the good bacteria and it is so necessary! Maybe after this I'll have an appetite again....

DH opened up a new checking account at a great local credit union. As soon as I can I'll have my check direct deposited to this account....the fees are less than the bank we use, and frankly, I hate my current bank.

Well, I'd better head out to the chiro's before the snow starts....have a great day, all!!!

Andrea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.