Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning girls. Today will be a little busier than yesterday. Of course I have to work 8 hours then I need to
-pay some bills online
-use the last cup of laundry soap on a load of clothes
-make more laundry soap
-put dishes away
-fold and put away clothes
-dinner will be finishing up leftovers and DH is having a pizza
Then I want to get some more reading done, watch TBL and then go to bed. That's about it for me. What does everyone else have on their plate today? Hope you all have a great day.

Cat

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Happy Groundhogs Day all!
I already put away dishes
made blueberry whole wheat muffins
Need to dust & vacuum, sweep & mop kitchen floors
clean the bathroom upstairs. Read my book, make a birthday card for my niece and send it today! Make dinner. Whew tired just from my list! LOL
Have a great Tuesday alll!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Good morning! We still have snow on the ground here in Arkansas--very unusual!

Today I will:
~teach school
~go to thrift store after school and look for a '50's type leather jacket for DS for 50's day tomorrow(good excuse to go to the thrift store!)
~leftovers for supper: pork chops, rice, gravy, veggies
~laundry

·
Registered
904 Posts
empty dishwasher
vacuum
sweep and mop
finish costing project for work
catch up on bids for work
hang clothes up to dry
BF is closing on a rental propery out of town, so just me and cat for dinner, probably just a sandwhich in front of the TV.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Morning all.....

today is going to be hectic...but the plans are....

~2 loads of laundry and hang out...(already done)
~clean up the downstairs rooms...
~sort freezers
~cook a few more meals for kiddies while i'm on bed rest after Friday's surgery
~Appointment with Dr..boo that means I have to drive...
~put away 5 loads of laundry
~try to make a path thru my DD#2's room to get to her closet
~trim my split ends
~rearrange pantry to fit new load of stuff from Honeyville Grain
~finish my book
~salt driveway cause we are getting more snow

Have a great day all!!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I have a patchwork quilt of stuff to do today - variety being the spice of life!!

We're still living with DD#1 - waiting to buy a house, so I might go out in the garage and try to find my old food processor. It's worthless for slicing- but our missionaries in Haiti are pleading for one to make baby food with - it would be PERFECT for that - IF I can find it. Our church has a load of relief supplies leaving Monday morning for Jacmel. It's an adjacent city to Port au Prince, and the smaller airport has a usable runway. A kind anonymous benafactor in Ft. Lauderdale is flying our load in to the orphanage at no cost to us!! So,I'm going to Sam's to buy some rice and beans, sheets and going to see if I can get a bargain on a pack and play, another item which is sorely needed. Our orphanage sustained minor damage, and they are now recieveing new orphans from Port and need accomodations for them.

School with the teens
Laundry
Figure out my new work schedule
DS has his college class tonight
Homeschool moms' meeting while he's in class
Pay some bills
MAYBE look at a couple more houses - we're still waiting to hear on the short sale we placed an offer on three weeks ago- it's really the house we want, hoping a decision is reached soon!!

Have a great day, Villagers!!!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning. Today I need to do laundry, iron, do my bible study, and excercise. Have a good day everyone!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Good morning!
Today is another crazy day! I was so productive yesterday, that today and the rest of the week SHOULD run smoothly! Yeah, right! :) After I get the kids up and off to school, I am going to quick run to Albertsons before work and purchase snacks for dd2 for Daisy Scouts tomorrow. On my lunch hour, I need to go to the dollar store for poster board for dd1's 4H presentation that is scheduled for next week as well as purchase 100 small candy items for the kindergarten's 100th day of school celebration.

After school it's back home to do the usual check homework, supper, baths, and bedtime! Hopefully can sneak in a little American Idol if I have time! Have a great day!
-Vanessa

·
19,119 Posts
Good morning - it's going to be a rainy day here so will not be able to do pool exercises after school.

After I get home I want to
* Clean kitchen
* Laundry
* Finish VD cards for swap
* LO for dinner
* Call accountant for appt.
* organize medical papers
* Ride stationary bike
* watch TBL
* talk with DD about computer problems

Have a great Tuesday!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
so far today I have done:
-dishes
-cleaned counters
-made beds
-dusted entry
-showered
-washed cloth diapers and a load of clothes
-put away clothes
-decluttered a basket filled with magazines

I need to:
-change the sheets in the kids' rooms
-pick dd up from school
-declutter playroom for a bit
-make dinner

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Afternoon all.
Slept late because I was up late last night.
-flipped dishwasher
-sent a packet of coupons out for 2 people I am trading w/ and hope to do a third. Then go to post office.
-will drive DD to JapII this afternoon.
Snowing and it's zapping my usual VROOOOM so I will laze today I think.(for shame)lol.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I'm going to the bank to deposit a check for ds and also to have our address changed on all of our accounts. The crazy city decided to change us from Drive to Street. Now some of my mail is being returned. I've lived here for 16 years!!!

Then cook more meat to add to my leftover veggie soup for tonight.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Today is a day of staying home. I have already cleaned the kitchen, washed and put away the dishes, cleaned the stove, just need to sweep and mop the floors in there now.

Still need to:

Clean bathroom
Clean bedrooms
Do some laundry
Clean livingroom
Finish up taxes and send them in
Make dinner
Get DD ready for school tomorrow
Carry out trash
And work on basement

Have a great day everyone!

Oh yeah and try to figure out the new budget and snowball plan! YUCK

·
Registered
233 Posts
Planned to run a couple of errands while DD1 was in dance class this afternoon, but the studio is closed. Yes- we had snow over the weekend, but give me a break! I'm paying big bucks every month and can't believe they'd close when the roads aren't too bad (not to mention the other studios are open). At least I'm staying home and not spending $ today. Hung a load of laundry on drying racks- trying to save electricity after last month's huge electric bill. Dinner is in the crockpot. Will force kids to come inside and do homework in case there's school tomorrow...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Tuesday, 2/2

On my way to work, stopped by the post office to mail a certified letter to EDD for partial unemployment application, I don't think I am qualified, since I've a part-time job also, but, just in case this company (full-time one) is closing or cutting back more hours.

On a lighter note, I've:
1. pay bills online
2. written out 2 checks for bill payment also
(yes, it is that time of the month - most of our bills are due the early 2nd week of the month)
3. work 8 hours
4. dinner will be some leftovers, cook one more dish
5. put together a package to mail to DD
6. almost forgot: need to ride stationary bike & exercise on gym ball before dinner

That's it, hope everybody has a great day.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Well, my whole day is derailed because some YUTZ tried to steal my car during the night, punched the column, FAILED at hotwiring it and rendered it undriveable. So here's what I've ACTUALLY done today:
Called the police, been interviewed by the policeman, who was very nice and spent about 45 minutes here asking me a million questions about homeschooling!
Called my insurance company - I'm trying to remember why I thought $1000 deductible was a good idea :)
Called my dad for repair advice - thanks DADDY!
Arranged a rental car
Called AAA to have it towed

I still need to
Call my realtor and tell her I'll be late!!
Call my work and see if I can tweak my schedule a little bit

Honestly, I think I learned to hotwire a car in high school - speaks pretty poorly to the preparation of today's auto thief!!!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I'm a little sore after yesterday's workout, so I'm taking it easy today. I put the pork chops in the crockpot, headed out to pick up DS11's medication, then came back home. I also had to take a $1 coin to DS6 for a bake sale goodie that he wanted.

He actually called me from school about it.

I was going to do laundry today, but I think I did enough on the weekend. Today's a bit of a lazy day, so I'm keeping as much turned off as I can and just enjoy myself.

I also did the budget. *cringe*

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My 11:15 ortho appointment was a no go at 12:30 so I ran to pick DD up from school (she gets out at 1). Ran though McD's and finally finished at the doc around 2. Left with a different diagnosis and another plan. Orthodic this time. If this doesn't work, they will break my foot and reposition the bone. But I'm trying not to think about that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts