Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning!
I dislike daylight savings time! Just when I was getting used to sunnier mornings, now it's pitch black outside again. I realize it's for the farmers, but surely they know how annoying it is to put the kids to bed when it's still light out and then waking them up in darkness? ANNOYING! Whew, thanks for letting me rant! :)

DS was home sick with a high fever and the whole flu combo. Poor kid, I'm hoping today is better! Of course they had state testing going on all week, so he will have to make up what he missed yesterday. Given he's only a 3rd grader, I was told his test scores don't count. So that's good as I know he's STILL not at his best.

Today is hopefully work for me. I need to get some items on my lunch break, so it's good to get paid for going into town for them, right? lol After school is Daisy scouts for dd2, and I need to turn in the girl scout cookie money tonight. DD1 has volleyball practice, and I am taking DS back to town for a haircut. He was called a girl this weekend from an elderly lady! Ha ha, love it! I bet Justin Bieber used to get that alot, too!

I hope everyone has a great day!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, scratch all that! DS woke up with his fever again and then threw up. Lovely. So now I'm off to sit with a cup of coffee to map out my plan of attack for the day!

-Vanessa

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Vanessa, sorry to hear about your poor DS. Hope he feels better soon.

Today we are waiting on MIL to decide whether or not she wants us to go through all of the fuss of moving her and her things back to her home. LOL, we do this every couple of days or so. :relieved:

In the meantime, I am having coffee and enjoying the quiet.

Other plans today include walking the dog, cooking--always lots of cooking :dishes:, and knitting.

·
19,119 Posts
So far, the days are at the whim and health of others - good things you are all flexible!!

I hope to stick around home today - have an online class in an hour - so that takes care of two hours.

Will definitely be going to the pool in the afternoon.

For the middle of the day - want/need to pick up corned beef, cabbage, onions and carrots to make our SPD dinner tonight since DH will not be here on Thursday.

And then I will of course be cutting and sewing on the 30 costumes I need to make - clock is ticking - less that 3 weeks now!!

Thank goodness for spring break!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My day is just creeping along. DD to school, me to part-time job, headed to get DD soon. We will make a quick trip to Target for an exchange and use up a couple coupons. Dinner should be simple tonight as this pregnancy is zapping all my energy.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Went to the grocery store with my trusty list. I found a reduced for quick sale rack in the produce section that I have never seen before.

I got 3 bags that contained 5 apples each for $1.00/bag. They were regularly $4.71/bag.

I got 2 bags of celery hearts for $1.00 each. I don't remember the regular price but I know $1 is a good deal. I will cut up and put in the dehydrator.

Everything I bought was on sale and/or I had a coupon. I walked out with 5 bags of groceries for less than $24. Three bags were fruits and veggies.

Plus I am putting groceries on my Discover card this month (up to $200) and getting 5% cash back. I pay the card in full when it comes due.

AND I get 10 cents a gallon discount on gas for every $100 purchased. So we will fill up hubby's truck, my truck, and several 5 gallon gas cans. Cuz I am sure the price of gas is NOT going down soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.