Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

Feel AWESOME today, so I think it's safe to say whatever "bug" I may have been getting yesterday morning is on it's way out!

Just soaking up a little quiet before I wake up the kids this morning. The sun is trying to peek out over the mountains, which makes them look pink. So pretty!

Today is work and school for the kids. It's hard that my co-workers' kids all have the week off for spring break. Nope, not our little school. Although I don't have to juggle what I would do with them while I was working, so that's good.

Tonight is crazy. DD1 has basketball until 5:30, DD2 has girl scouts until 5:00, and then I have a meeting at the school for 1st grade parents to discuss a cooking program they are going to participate in. So much for a relaxing evening!

I finally broke down and purchased nutrisystem for my chubby hubby. He works out like crazy, but has no concept of portion control. Well, this will hopefully jump start him. He wants to be fit, he just needs a little help. And since he lives alone 5 days a week, it's perfect! Minus the expense, that is! Youch! Hopefully it works!

Have a great day, everyone!
-Vanessa

·
Registered
80 Posts
The school I work at is on spring break so this is day two of vacation for me! I got up early and after dropping the teens at school I went to have coffee with my oldest son at his house since he is working from home today. Went to Curves, then stopped at the grocery store (local discount place) and spent $28 on fresh produce and a box of hair color (brought home a pineapple, a mango, a huge bag of oranges, spring greens mix, shredded carrots, a basil plant, and tomatoes). And I am still $75 under my monthly food budget for March!! ::happy dance::
I started a load of laundry and now I am gathering up my library books and will walk to the library. When I get home I'll move laundry along, then do some minor decluttering and cleaning around the house. Tonight is my final week of bowling. Should be a wonderful day.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We are off to a good start with homeschooling and I have dinner in the crock pot already. Had been hoping to stay home again today to save gas, but need to go look at a rental home and turn in our application. Hoping we find a place fast. I am eager to get moved and settled so I can get ready for our new baby. I am also very very eager to get out of this apartment!!! Fingers crossed! Other than that I don't plan on spending anything and hope to do some more meal planning this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Not so tight today. Had to have two fillings at the dentist. $50 deductible. Then to Best Buy to get a screen protector for ds' ipad. Then to Target for my Rx and a few other things. Then to the dog groomer to have the little one shaved. Luckily I thought ahead and put dinner in the crockpot, so no eating out.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I did laundry, composed and emailed meeting minutes, unpacked 2 boxes, answered emails, walked dogs 3 times and made dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. Now I'm playing on the computer.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My day has been somewhat crazy... tho not as crazy as some of yours!:fight: Had a rough night last night as I just couldn't STAY ASLEEP... too hot, bathroom runs, etc... so got up late... got little man up... he'd wet the bed... not surprising... & took off all the sheets & pillows off his bed & started doing his laundry (got the last load of his in the wash now). Gave him a bath & got him ready for prek. While on the way back home, realized I hadn't had a shower since Sunday morning while at the cabin :ack: so took me a nice long bath (a whole hour ~ I felt like a queen! :hearts: ) Ate my lunch, went & got L, came home, had him eat lunch & changed, went to L's dr appt (found out that at the moment he DOES NOT have to get tubes put in his ears & has a very mild case of allergies... & so far not REALLY looking like asthma but still need to do the nebulizer as needed~ about 2-3x/week rather than 2-3x/day :bowing:) ... Went to Babies R Us & found plastic pants to put over L's underwear while he's sleeping :yippee:....

Went to the Chiropractor, the pharmacy to pick up xtra albuterol, put checks into bank, ran by the high school to get oldest, got home & watched a bit of Tangled w/L... we loved it! Got dinner ready, watched a the rest of Tangled... bathtime, bedtime, my bathtime... now ready for bed... geeze... just thinking about it exhausts me.. :rest: ok think it's my bedtime!

Kim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts