Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone. Well I'm getting ready for another 12 hour work day. I'm taking my lunch as usual. I'm not sure what I will eat when I get home tonight, maybe a bowl of cereal. I can't wait to have the next 2 days off, I have a ton of things to do here at home.
Hope you have a great day.

Cat:sun:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is supposed to be warm today, but right now it is nice and cool. I am sitting out on the porch having some coffee and planning the day. I have already done the morning routine, and I am going to bike.I am having company this morning for a few hours. Cousin dropping by to talk about a restoration job he bid on.Also expecting the pool company to come clean, and someone is coming to install two more sprinkler heads in the system for my flowers.Then I am going to go out with my sister to our property and ride horses before it gets hot. She moved them to our place and is saving some money now as she does not have to rent property for her animals.Later on I want to clean the garage and the bathroom out there. God only knows how bad it is.Supper, then going for weights.Well, have a good day all.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Good morning everyone! I have lots planned for today: morning routine, more shredding, finish landscaping project in front yard, need to buy 12 bales of pinestraw, pickup replacement shirt for DH that got ruined, organize laundry room cabinets, organize kitchen drawers, put laundry away, cleanout flower boxes, find time for a pedicure and manicure

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
It's going to be a beautiful day here today, so no A/C. I brought my lunch to work today and will be having leftovers for dinner. I need to clean out the fridge when I get home and take inventory of what's in there. I need to pull some weeds and get my recycling around for pick up tomorrow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good morning everyone. Today will be cleaning the house, finishing the laundry (the never ending laundry that is), and hopefully finish pricing my items for the yard sale I am having this weekend, and after the sale ads come grocery shopping. Lunch will be chicken patties and onion rings (not healthy, but it is cheap!) and dinner will be either chicken breasts or turkey burgers. Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
It's my day off. Thinking of taking the two youngest girls to the company picnic. Other than that, I have to take them to the library. At home I am continuing with cleaning and baby proofing the house as we have about 2 weeks until DD's due date.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Cloudy and misting rain off and on. :yucky: Going to WM and the grocery to stock up on sales for freezer.

Need diabetic supplies at WM. I am running dh out of supplies testing my BS all the time. LOL! :teddy2: My fingers are full of holes! But, I am getting a handle on some of the foods that affect my BS. I can tell which do and don't. I can cut down on testing a lot when I get more 'informed'.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Good morning (just barely)!

I slept in this morning until almost 10am! Now I'm slow going lol. I've already:
~let the dogs out
~had coffee
~made the bed
~put dinner in the crockpot

Still need to:
~wash dishes
~put away folded laundry
~vacuum downstairs
~vacuum the stairs
~pick up the kitchen, dining room, & living room
~get the boys in the bath
~watch movies
~knit

·
19,119 Posts
Busy day here....

Need to/want to/have to.....

Make breakfast and lunch
summer school 7-noon
tutoring 12-2
massage 3-4
make dinner
parent education 6-8

Still need to tend to my gardens and getting a handle on our home - lots of shredding still to do!!

have a great day all!

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I over did it a bit yesterday with the heavy work so no heavy stuff today. My back needs a rest. Note to self. Don't move heavy furniture alone Mick!

I've already done some stuff but here is what is left.
~ do dishes
~ pick berries
~ exercise
~ bring in laundry, fold and put away
~make the bed
~ decide what is for supper
~ library
~ package ebay stuff

·
Registered
900 Posts
Good morning, all!

Well, I am about to head out to the gym with the kiddos. Then I have to change there, because I promised to take them bowling, so that's all the money I should be spending today there.

I will be stopping by the library for books on the way home and donating some stuff to SA. We also have to stop and get my ds #1's glasses fixed. So glad that none of that will cost me any money.

When I get back I need to start laundry and that's about it except for dinner.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Afternoon! It's been pretty busy here today & I love it!
~ laundry is hanging outside,
~ dishes are done,
~ chairs are scrubbed & recovered (pictures coming soon),
~ gardens watered,
~ garbage out
still need to:
~ run to WM,
~ "find" money,
~ clean bathrooms,
~ make dinner,
~ exercise

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Started out my day bright and early (5:30am) and went to work by 7am (I am NOT a day person, I generally work nights, so this is a stretch)
Worked 11 hours - tried to get some cleaning of equipment done for my homecare patient.
Much to do tonight, as I am flying to Albany tomorrow to attend commencement
Laundry
Print out e-ticket
Find a suitcase
Plan meals for while I'm gone
Move some money around so I can EAT while I'm gone!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have a safe trip Mary.

Cat

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
*Took DD to work
*Picked DD up from work
*Cried when Michel Jackson's daughter spoke at his memorial
*Went to pay power bill
*Took DS to baskeball
*Went out for Mexican dinner
*Took DS to baseball batting cage
*Stopped by Publix

·
19,119 Posts
Turned out to be a good day. Didn't tutor - students didn't come, mom didn't call until half hour into tutoring time - okay by me - I got more work done in my classroom!!

Massage was wonderful!! Am prepping now for parent ed. tonight.

LR is still a disaster, and that's the way it will stay until later. Matter of priorities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went to get my eyes checked today had to order new glasses. Was amazed at how expensive they are now. (Its been 3 years since my last eye exam.) Stopped by the grocery store to pick up on some sale items that were not available yesterday when I did the bulk of my shopping. They only had two items left so I got a rain check and I still have some coupons left for the items! YAH! Come home and prepared Lime Chicken for supper this evening with rice and a mango salsa along with a Lime Pie. That was good eating. Had to go and chase the ducks out of the field and back into their pen this evening. (They are staying locked up tomorrow!) Got the clothes that I washed earlier this morning in off of the line and will fold them tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Tightwad Tuesday's Update

Yesterday, I:
- made turkey soup from leftovers in the fridge: turkey bits and pieces, turkey stock, half an onion in the crisper, rice leftovers, thawed and chopped some frozen carrots, added frozen celery, added alphabets pasta, chopped up some chives from my garden, added 1/3 can of tomatoes (chopped-up).
This made a large soup stockpot full of soup; will put some in small containers and freeze.

- saved the turkey fat that rose to the top of the turkey stock; froze it; will use it spoon by spoon as a frying medium.

- thawed a frozen jug of milk, and saved 3 Creama bottles full of cream from it; refroze the cream; the rest of the jug of milk in thawing slowly in the fridge.

- I think I can make this milk go even further by diluting it with water as I use it; it was whole milk, so now that 3 jugs of cream have been siphoned off it, it still is very rich when thawed, so I'm using half water/half milk when I need milk for cereal.

- Also chopped up 4 onions which I salvaged from my onion bag hanging in the basement; bagged and froze the onions

- Bagged the lemon juice cubes which I froze in ice-cube tray

- Baked my last tube of Pillsbury crescents (bought on sale and with coupon); I baked these flat--as scones; they make a nice bread dip for the turkey soup

- Started my first 2 litre bottle of homemade ginger ale; hope it turns out

- Re-used coffee filter again; these filters actually last a long time; I just wash mine under the tap, then hang to dry; the coffee grounds go in my planters outside.

- Am thinking of doing away with paper coffee filters entirely and making some fabric ones; I have a thrift shop nightgown (new) made of 100% extra-fine cotton which would make great coffee filters

- After all my cooking and freezing, my fridge looks nice and cleared-out and organized; I've got some good food in there now instead of all those little tubs of leftovers, and it cost me nothing extra.

- A turkey is really a good investment: lots of meat, makes all kinds of meals, makes at least a gallon of soup; even the bones can be boiled again for more stock; the fat is also usable. I always buy my turkeys when they are on sale at Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving. Usually my town store has them on sale for a lower cose if you buy $50 of groceries, so I make a purchase plan, shop twice, and get 2 turkeys. I usually pay about $10 - $12 for a turkey, and one turkey will provide meals for 2-4 weeks. I roast the turkey, cool it, and then divide it into small plastic bags, then salvage the fat and make the soup from the stock, using all the little bits and pieces of meat.

- Spent $1.98 for 2 jugs of water today

- Munched on chokecherry candy (brittle) for a treat

- Drank chokecherry vinegar juice for a pick-me-up

- The mail yielded my GST rebate notice: $62 for this quarter, etc.
a card & a packet of postage stamps from a family member, other mail.

- Got a couple of good naps in yesterday between periods of utter exhaustion; did that large load of dishes from soup-making, etc. at 2 AM

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Incognito, you've been one busy girl. You sure get alot done.

Reactions: Incognito
1 - 20 of 20 Posts