Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm new, here's what I'm doing today!
Working at my wonderful job till 5 today. Teaching one class today. Eating leftovers for lunch at home and walking my best friend! : ) All my kids are home tonight and I'm making spaghetti with meatballs for the non-vegetarians! Last night I made some apple walnut bread that we will finish off tonight, if the kids don't devour it before dinner!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Have daycare kids here today. Also need to do laundry, clutter pick up, and some reading..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I am being snowed in. We are having a major snowstorm. We are to get anywhere from 9-11 inches, yuck. So I will be home today.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Today, I'll be watching the snow fall, after I feed that ungrateful rabbit. I piled up the food yesterday for the dogs and cats. I have to clean up the kitchen some more. I got everything put away last night but I didn't load the dishwasher. Two more days and I finally get my arm looked at! Finally, something will be done. I'm gonna try to stay up long enough to watch the Biggest Loser, but I don't know if I'll make it. Hopefully someone will say what happened in the thread here for the show LOL.
Hope everyone has a great day. Be safe!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
school and lots of homework/studying.

·
27,948 Posts
I've pretty much done my thing for today. Dishes & house picked up. Brought wood in too.:) I did all my work yesterday because Mark (ds) and his boss came for dinner on their way through the area on a business trip. It went really well, his boss is a really nice guy & I'm hoping he comes back & brings his sons over for some fishing in the spring/summer. Dinner was perfect, everything came out great, woohoo! :happydance:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well, I have about 3 loads of laundry that need to be folded. They have been washed and dried, but I have been to busy to fold and put them away.
I need to make pizza dough for dinner tonight. I gave our two friends an open invitation to join us for pizza night and one called this AM to let me know they were coming. I can't tell you how happy that made me.
My dad and I are taking some stuff to the transfer station. I have some big items that they won't pick up off the curb unless we pay a lot extra. My Dad always takes his garbage to the transfer station, so I figure I will just add my big stuff to his today.
The usual dishes and straightening.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I haven't done much of anything yet today except mess on the computer (and I've been up since 5) :yikes:.

I need to get stuff done that I planned on doing yesterday as well. DH ended up working really late and while i got the things I had to done yesterday a lot was put off.

Today I hope to:
~ get some work done from home
~ do the bills
~ start the taxes
~ laundry
~ general cleaning
~ read
~ do something with the boys
~ play outside for a bit
~ deep clean at least one thing (a drawer, a piece of furniture, my closet, something)
~ purge at least 10 items

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Today:
-getting all the tax stuff ready
-researching the gov't rebates and incentives for new furnace and water heaters
-finish the laundry
-call around to roofing companies for quotes
-call furnace companies for quotes

-empty more of my craft room which is going to be gutted and remade into office/craft room.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Not much to do today. The laundry is all caught up (till tomorrow...). I do have two folded baskets full to put away. The boys have their Odyssey of the Mind meeting this morning. I need to pick up dd from her midterms pretty soon. I also need to finish my grocery list for shopping day tomorrow and go through my coupons.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I'm working from home today because they're finally installing my solar panels. We signed the contract on September 1!

With the time I saved by not commuting today, I've already worked out and gone grocery shopping. I'm going to make TVP "meatball" subs and ceaser salad for dinner, and hopefully a batch of blueberry muffins for the rest of the week's breakfasts, and some soup for the rest of the week's lunches.

I love working from home! I spend too much time in traffic otherwise.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
They are saying icy around 3--eekk we never have icy roads and I worry about picking dd up. I told her she could not stay late at school for yearbook and I would be there at 3:30!

Stopped off at the grocery after running dd to school for milk and half and half and as an extra buffer a huge dry powdered creamer. A girl has to have her priorities right..it seems mine is coffee.....lol

striped my bed and got the sheets in the wash and did a few other things around here.

I have been really stressed, upset and tired and it is taking its toll.

I am just tired.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Working today. I have to call and cancel a dentist appointment for dh and ds. ds has pep band..and dh think's he'll be plowing snow. Tried to post to my blog last night., on our old computer I forgot about.~but kept getting booted out.~FIGURES~! I just find this site..and my hard drive crashes. WTH~!!!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I guess just the usual stuff for me:

We already went to the dog park

I still have to:
Run to grocery for the fixings for dinner tomorrow night (company)
Make Italian bread
Finish up the living room
Pick up the dog toys
Work on afghan
Vacuum

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Woke up to snow this morning. Our neighbor came and bladed off the driveway for us so we would not have to mess with it.(Kisses to good neighbors!)I walked on the treadmill, did linens and pet chores. I am getting ready to head to our attorney's office. We are not renewing either lease on the houses that were rented on our property and he helped draw up the paperwork to terminate those. They were on month to month,so we are giving them 60 days to move out. That will give us enough time to clean the places up a bit and then get my niece moved into one and a coworker into another before we go to Kentucky in April for the races.Helps family, and gives us more secure renters.Hate the hassle.This afternoon I am going to go through all my bedroom dressers and closets and reorganize and try to color code them.Get a pile of clothes to pass along to the clothes closet.Should be a productive day. Stay warm all!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm off work today so staying home cleaning house & doing wash. Eating lunch at home-soup from stockpile. Dinner will be at home also. Will go to store & get a few things like milk, bread & green tea when dh comes home for lunch w/van.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's very cold here today.

We will be eating leftover spaghetti for lunch, potato soup for supper and maybe some from scratch pudding. I need to do some taxes for a friend, and get our taxes ready to do as well. Doing some business this afternoon. And cleaning the fish tank! ugh!:fish:

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
DH and I are home from work today because of ice. We certainly won't be doing any shopping! :)

I've done a little bit of laundry and made a big pot of soup. I'll probably cook some home made bread and do some reading.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Pretty slow moving today. I need to go for my walk, do dishes, do a load of laundry, maybe make bread, crochet, read, vacumm, clean litter box and tackle anything else that needs to be done!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I made some "Everything but the kitchen sink Soup" today and called my sister over when she gets off work to have some for lunch. I have leftover cornbread.

Framed a poster picture,added the hardware to hang it in the bathroom, got clean sheets on my bed and did some tidying.

I will ask my sister to help me hang the picture in my bathroom as it is HUGE and heavy. A two sister job for sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts