Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning!! (just barely at 11:45am :lol: )

What's up, fellow villagers?

I've started my Christmas baking. Yesterday I made white chocolate dipped pretzel rods. Today I made two batches of biscotti (Coffee Chocolate Chip & Christmas Chocolate Cranberry). I've also cleaned up the kitchen, loaded & run the dishwasher, washed & dried two loads of bedding.

There will be a couple of errands today too. I have to drop off ds's prescription to be filled. I forgot to yesterday. I also got dd an appt this afternoon for her jaw, so I need to do that. When we get home I need to put away the laundry, remake the beds, and vacuum downstairs.

Busy busy busy!

Hope y'all have a great day :grouphug2

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
For some unknown reason I was wide awake at 4:30 this morning. I laid in bed until 5 and then got up and made a pot of coffee and relaxed on the couch and watched the early news. I started my chores at the crack of dawn and had most of them done before 10 a.m. Since then I've been puttering around doing misc. things. It's a little before 1 p.m. and I'm draggin' butt now. I think I'll have some lunch, lay on the couch with my dogs and see if I can find a halfway decent movie on cable to fall asleep to LOL!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I love those dipped pretzels... they aren't on my WW, but I love em anyway. I'm going to take off part of the afternoon and clean some house (or do what I can w/o hurting my back) I can't stand it any longer. The living room is awful and my folks are coming Sunday! Yikes!

Then I'm going to steam the dance tutu that has wrinkles so I won't be so stressed during dress rehearsal. Two girls dancing, I hope I hold up!

Not sure how this fits in frugally, but I need to make a special friend a get well card. I've discovered stamping recently and have had a blast "coloring" and all that good stuff. I've also found lots of cool paper here and there for "free". I've also got my hand on an evelope template and now, I've just made the cutest envelopes you could imagine.

Onward fellow tightwads.....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well I have ben trying to get lil cat napes in every time the puppy goes to sleep i do to but it seem like just when i get to sleep he wakes up. Now it is 2:00 pm and kids will be home soon. I have to

Put a load of lanundry in
start dinner which is not to hard
un load dishes
re load dishes after dinner.
pick up house( all you can see is puppy paper lol)
Do some more backing ( they eat them as fast as I make them lol)
work on food list for dec 16 thrue 30
run after puppy as well as doing all this

T

·
0 Posts
Today got off to a great start. DS (almost 3 months) slept from 10:15pm to 6:15am this morning, so I got plenty of sleep. I fed him at 6:15am and then went back down for a little nap. He woke up again at 8am and we played for an hour before he fell back asleep at 9am. I got to shower, get dressed, and eat breakfast. DH is on call this week, so he is up working at 8am but doesn't leave the house until 9:30am, so we even got to chat this morning before he left!

So far:
*Packed up the item I sold on eBay, we'll go to the post office after the laundry comes out of the dryer
*In the middle of doing a load of laundry
*Cleaned up the kitchen
*Called unemployment and filed my claim
*Emptied and re-loaded the dishwasher
*Caught up on my email
*Started doing some tax planning stuff
*Emptied a bookshelf that DH wants to move tonight

Left on my list for today:
*Call again about the item I want to return, so I can do that when I go to the post office
*Go to the post office
*Take out at least one bag of trash
*Make dinner (still have to figure out what I'm making)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Said "goodbye" to my parents (they visited for a couple of days)
Took van to get brakes checked
Made beds & put up clothes

That's the only chores I'm gonna do today. I have final exams tonight and tomorrow and I'm working on my last essay due tomorrow (I'm just taking a few minute brain break now). I'll get back to work after that. My oldest is home from school for three days with a nasty contagious strep infection. So he's keeping the little one busy with movies so I can get my paper done.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I'm in slow gear...still tired from the 12 hour drive home after the cruise. I'm doing the mountains of laundry, about 1/3 of the way done. Maybe if I stay on top of it all day long I can finish it today, without letting those trusty machines stop. I've not had my workout yet so I still have a list of things to do:

~workout
~LAUNDRY
~fix dinner
~clean up the kitchen again
~sort through the mountain of mail
~make out out my shopping trip for tomorrow (going Christmas shopping)
~manicure & pedicure
~put away clean laundry

That about does it for me today.....

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Got up, cuddled with ds and played with him
showered, got ready for work
moved laundry around
took ds to daycare
im at work now.

Tonight---homework and housework.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
woke up at 6am
took kids to school at 7am
did dishes
picked up living room
watched nickelodeon with dd
went & got allergy shot
went to lunch with my dd
picked up kids from school
came home did laundry
swept living room
did more dishes
swept basement
cooked dinner (spaghetti & garlic bread)
mop kitchen
put kids to bed.........whew i'm exhausted!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
did my reading for the week
helped Pat with her part tonight
did another load of laundry
planned dinner
ground some coffee beans up & made the WORSE coffee ever:down: :down: :down:
went through my coupons
cleaned bathroom
cleaned coffee maker
tossed out the coffee
checked to see if DD emailed me not yet{ I worry about her & the baby when I don't hear from her in over a week}
mailed 3 cards
did another report for a company
still have another load of laundry to do and a stack of papers to go through.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Today I picked up my prescription from yesterday, took the car in for repairs, went to the doctor, took a prescription for more therapy into the therapist, and picked up another prescription.

No housework though ...

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
before i went to work i
threw dinner inteh crockpot
did dishes
made 6 pot holders
finished 2 quilt tops

went to work came home and
took hubby to the dr
stopped by his work to fax stuff to aflac