Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been a 1 vehicle family now for nearly nine years, so sometimes it feels like I spend a little too much time acting as a taxi service. A lot of times driving people around also involves a lot of waiting around - waiting for my husband to come out of work, waiting for my daughter to come out of school, waiting for the doctor, dentist, orthodontist, etc.

If you find that a lot of your time is sucked up with sitting in the car waiting, you can make that time productive by keeping a bag of work in the car. Fill it with things that can be done in short spurts, anywhere - making menu plans, balancing your chequebook, cutting out coupons, knitting, going through the sales flyers, making shopping lists, writing out Christmas cards, etc. - then whenever you find yourself stuck somewhere, pull it out and get something accomplished.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i leave magazines in my car to read- coupons that need clipping
if i am waiting after i have worked to finish up paperwork - my blackberry gets facebook so sometimes if its just 3-4 minutes i check my facebook. i can alsoe do a web search so if there was something i wasnted to look up i can ( as long as its not shopping with lots of pix - just info i am looking for )

i also clean my car out alot when i am waiting - i always try to keep a trash bag in the car - i work from my car so eat in it so every now and then it starts to look a bit messy between me and the kids and i have to keep my car a certain way due to medicare guidelines .

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
We have been a 1 vehicle family now for nearly nine years, so sometimes it feels like I spend a little too much time acting as a taxi service. A lot of times driving people around also involves a lot of waiting around - waiting for my husband to come out of work, waiting for my daughter to come out of school, waiting for the doctor, dentist, orthodontist, etc.

If you find that a lot of your time is sucked up with sitting in the car waiting, you can make that time productive by keeping a bag of work in the car. Fill it with things that can be done in short spurts, anywhere - making menu plans, balancing your chequebook, cutting out coupons, knitting, going through the sales flyers, making shopping lists, writing out Christmas cards, etc. - then whenever you find yourself stuck somewhere, pull it out and get something accomplished.
Yes!! I so agree! I carry my "to do" bag with me when I know I'm going to have time to burn so I can keep myself occupied.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I always keep something with me to do. It bothers me knowing there are little task that could get done.

G

·
I do the same thing for work (I have a desk job with occasional down time). I keep a list stuff (call for a doctor's appointments, look up sale flyers, etc.) of stuff to do at work if I get a moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.