Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have it better than some countries do as far as gas prices go but I just need to get my small grumble out and I'll feel better. ;)
Roll call...
$3.13.9/gal. for regular here (Upstate NY/40 miles west of Albany) yesterday

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow, we are at $2.79 a gallon and I thought that was high!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Best price I saw yesterday was $2.72 in Pinellas Park, FL

·
Registered
235 Posts
2.99 in the suburbs of Philly

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Found this interesting, seems to be rising everywhere:

Link: Gas prices rising elsewhere, steady in San Diego - SignOnSanDiego.com

Gas prices rising elsewhere, steady in San Diego

By Onell R. Soto

Monday, November 8, 2010 at 10:07 a.m.

While gasoline prices are on the rise in the rest of the country, they've remained steady in San Diego after rising about a dime in the last month.

Nationally, retail pump prices are heading back toward their high for the year as Americans map out their plans for Thanksgiving, the Associated Press reports.

Gasoline demand isn't driving up prices, like it does when the summer driving season begins. Instead, investors are betting that oil prices will rise as the Federal Reserve's attempt to stimulate the U.S. economy by purchasing $600 billion in bonds gets into full swing.

The national average for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $2.854 Monday, according to AAA, Wright Express and Oil Price Information Service. That's up about a nickel from a week ago and closing in on the high of $2.92 hit in early May. Gas was selling for around $2.68 on Labor Day.

In San Diego, the same survey found that regular was selling for $3.12 a gallon Monday, the same as on Sunday and half a penny less than a week ago. A month ago, it was $3.04.

Oil prices reached $87.49 earlier Monday, eclipsing the previous settlement high of $87.15 a barrel in early May. The price has risen more than 16 percent since Labor Day.

·
19,119 Posts
$3.85 on Maui. One good thing about living on an island is that it really doesn't matter what gas prices are - there's no choice. I didn't even start noticing them until I joined FV.

·
Registered
120 Posts
it's around 2.79 in nc thank goodness that i have Bi-Lo fuel perks

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
According to the gas prices for my town on the net. We dropped 10 cents a gallon in the past few days.

According to my price book for when I buy gas we have been hovering right around the current price plus or minus 20 cents a gallon for about a year now.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
In my little neck of the woods in North Alabama, the gas prices are running from $2.71 - $2.79. :animated:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Was $2.64 yesterday here... $2.61 using my 3 cents a gal off Walmart gift card..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Anyone noticed a difference in quality of the gas?

For example, if I buy from the station by my house I can tell the car drives better and gets better acceleration. If I get the gas by work then I seem to burn through it quicker, even doing the same amount of driving. Both stations charge the same price.

Is this a difference in the percentage of ethanol?

FYI I am in Minneapolis/St Paul area.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'm in CT and the lowest I've seen it is $2.99 but that was at one of four gas stations I pass every day...the others are around $3.09.

Last I got gas at Costco it was $2.99 but that was mid last week.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts