Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The summer months are over and fall is in the air. Its time for a report on how our special kids did over the some, their successes and their failures (if any).

The kids have thrived here in ways beyond my imagination this summer. Dd now reads a book a day, where in the spring she could barely get through a page a day. She loves books now and is beginning to do searches in the encyclopedias, something she has been wanting to do for such a long time. Her quilting is improving and she is ready to start a Log Cabin quilt. First though, she wants to make a small quilt for our new cat!!

Dd#1 continues to grow into quite the young man. Socializing is still difficult, although improving. His awkwardness in running is steadily improving and now he doesn't quite look like a duck running. :D He is a master at playing checkers and I seldom beat him anymore, which he absolutely thinks is the best since sliced bread.

Dd#2 continues to amaze us. Over the summer months, he has learnt more and more in the area of life skills. He now excersises (which is just too cute) and will do them when you ask him too. He has picked up a few more signing words and continues to burp on command. :toothy: Course his older brother taught him that, but you know what. We didn't say a word, because its wonderful to hear and see him do things "normal" kids do!! He still isn't completely trained, but its getting much better than it was.

Overall, we've had a wonderful summer with the kids. They've thrived in the open spaces and in living in the country.

How about your special kids?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
CJ,
I am happy for your family. It's great to hear that your kids are making progress and being happy at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts