Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a mother means you are the hub of your household,nothing gets by without you knowing it,and sometimes nothing gets done without you doing it.So this challenge is for us as mothers to take a time out everyday for ourselves,be it and hour long bath to soak away the day,20 min nap,eating right,excercising or surfing the net just for fun.feel free to post your goals and successes in takng time for yourself.

Today I took the time out to excercise for an hour and replenish my body with lots of water.

who's next

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
It`s a great idea Amanda! Now I just have to think how I`ll fit some time for me today...(I have a full charged day).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im going to actually go take a bath this morning...(and I need one too!) hope that counts..lol

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I think that I might just take a little nap when DD takes her nap!! :)

I think that I might just take a little nap when DD takes her nap!! :) Or maybe take a long relaxing soak in my garden tub!!
I don't really know what I will do but I will most likely try to take time out for myself even if it is only for about 1 min today because that maybe all the time I will have of free time for myself!! :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Wow...now THIS is a CHALLENGE! I'm trying to work it out...unfortunately, it might mean actually getting up when the alarm goes off at 5 instead of hitting snooze until 5:30. I'll try it tomorrow, though. I'll just keep repeating to myself..."It's the only time for YOU, it's the only time for YOU."

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Excellent challenge!

Not only do I have 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog, a husband, and a house to take care of, I also work full time outside of the home. I've been working on this "me" time.

I have so much I want to do! I want more time to sew! I'm looking forward to getting rid of the baby swing when my daughter outgrows it so I can get out that old "curbside mall" desk and put my sewing machine on it. I don't have any place to keep it set up now.

You all have me so motivated! I took an inventory in my kitchen cupboards. I made an entire months menu with what we already have, minus just a few things. I assigned 2 nights a week to my husband and son for "kitchen duty", cooking supper, and cleaning it up! Friday night is Free for all night and Saturday is Hamburger Helper night. That only leaves 3 nights for me to have to cook! I figure if I do 1 load of laundry a night, plus 1 other household chore, I should have Wednesday, my day off, to do whatever I want to do. Hope it works!

I hope this makes sense, I got distracted 4 times now.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Excellent challenge!

Not only do I have 2 kids, 2 cats, a dog, a husband, and a house to take care of, I also work full time outside of the home. I've been working on this "me" time.

I have so much I want to do! I want more time to sew! I'm looking forward to getting rid of the baby swing when my daughter outgrows it so I can get out that old "curbside mall" desk and put my sewing machine on it. I don't have any place to keep it set up now.

You all have me so motivated! I took an inventory in my kitchen cupboards. I made an entire months menu with what we already have, minus just a few things. I assigned 2 nights a week to my husband and son for "kitchen duty", cooking supper, and cleaning it up! Friday night is Free for all night and Saturday is Hamburger Helper night. That only leaves 3 nights for me to have to cook! I figure if I do 1 load of laundry a night, plus 1 other household chore, I should have Wednesday, my day off, to do whatever I want to do. Hope it works!

I hope this makes sense, I got distracted 4 times now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts