Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I am going to take the time out to take a nice long hot shower and actually shave my legs(you should see them)and blow dry my hair and put on makeup.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Today My Challenge is to be able to get my housework done with my DH being sick and.

Today My Challenge is to be able to get my housework done with my DH being sick and taking care of a full fledged 2 year old toddler who is in to everything!! I will not be taking any time for myself until I know that they are well rested and don't need me for anything else and then I will only take 10 minutes for myself!! :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Well, I got up 1/2 hour earlier than usual and was able to check my e-mail and catch up on some sites that I've been unable to check in with for awhile. That was my me time today. Of course, I've been exhausted since noon for getting up so early, but it was worth it. Work was crazy today (I teach 8th grade and we are trying to wrap things up before the end of school on 6/21) but I kept reminding myself that at least I started the day with some me time!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CAGmomof2,even if its only 5 minutes to just sit and relax then it is worth it.It is hard to take time for yourself esp with toddlers and sick hubbies.sometimes I have to remind myself who takes care of things when I am sick(don't know about your family but in mine it's usually still me,just for the fact that dh works all the time)
Good luck and with any kind of change it does take time for you to learn to take time,that's why I started this challenge

AmyBoz,didn't it feel great to be alone for a while with the house quite?I just started waking up when dh goes to work so I could do just that,have time for myself,I didn't today I felt like sleeping in(lol to 7am)

Keep it up gals,face it we are the center of our households and we need a little time too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts