Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! How was your New Year's? I am tired after all the traveling and excitement of the Cotton Bowl. It was really fun..even though it wasn't too frugal. The boys loved it and so did DH even though his team didn't win.:(

For today I need to:
Make beds*done
Laundry * started
Make bread *baking now
Floors
Exercise
Drink water
Check mail *done
Attend funeral

Have a great day!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
It will be a frugal day we are snowed in. I have 4 wheel drive if I have to get out, but I try not to. It's tutorial day WOOHOO. I need to clean and declutter the dining room and do some laundry.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hello! Happy New Year!

Sorry I have been MIA lately. This pregnancy is making me so tired! I am not getting much done at all.

I’ll try to catch up with the posts this weekend and get back into posting each day.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good morning ladies... I have to go to work in a while.... It's snowing here, coming down pretty good, I hope I can go to work.... I won't risk being in a ditch again to do it !!!!!!!
I haven't felt well lately but have a Dr. appt tomorrow so I hope I can get feeling better soon..... Sorry I haven't been here much......

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Got quite a bit to do today:
Bug that mean lady at Cal State L.A. into finishing my
file so I can register, Classes start MONDAY (I will call
her every hour, on the hour)

Clean Bedroom

Put away Christmas Decorations

Set up my area for quilting in my room

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm alone again, finally! (except for Courtney). I worked on the church cookbook while she slept in.

While she ate, I wiped down my kitchen counters, canisters, etc. I'm not quite finished, yet, but thought I would take a break.

I also clipped some coupons and am dressed, hair and face (no shoes-lol)

Today I need to work on:
finish kitchen wipe down *DONE
make bread
plan dinner, I have to work tonight *DONE
change my sheets
change Courtney's sheets
buy candy for Spanish/camel thing for Raechel's school tomorrow
put away laundry *DONE
mop bathroom floor *DONE
clean shower and toilet
get ready for work

I better get to it! Whatever I don't finish, I'll do tomorrow. My to do list is very long.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
So much to do so little time to do it in!I hope you all are having a wonderful new year.Waiting to hear from dh if he still has a job,guess I'll know if he comes home early.

For today:
Make beds-done
dishes-done
laundry
vaccum-done
make new budget
send dbrother his bday card
clean dkiddos bedrooms

bf-cereal
lunch-pb and j,applesauce
dinner-porkchops,onion rings,green beans

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Hi all! I did not do too much today! I have not left the house in two days and it has been so nice! Tomorrow I have to go to the grocery store and the post office.

Made grocery list
Swept living room
Loaded dishwasher
Cooked lunch

I hope everyone is having a great day!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
My new years was cool, we sat around, watched a movie, got some laundry done, I went food shopping, organized coupons and surfed online a lot..oh and did a workout :)

Betsy, I'm so glad see you post again, boy do I not miss that tiredness though...although it was always nice to just be able and fall asleep for half the day :)

Today was such a nice day that I took ayla to the park, and we walked around until lunch time..

I have the washer and dryer going right now..and I brought in alll the empty trash bins from the curb..took out trash and a full bag of crushed coke cans to storage to wait for recycling.

I've put away some coupons and showered/dressed/shoes (if I don't wear shoes my toes feel like they will freeze off) :toothy:

After Ayla goes down for a nap (if she does lol) I plan on finishing up my laundry..otherwise I'll sneak out while she's occupied like I usually have to do

I need to go to Rite Aid for T.P. and medicince cabinet stuff..and then somewhere to get some cokes on sale..
~Tan
~Yoga or Pilate's
Ugh the bad thing that happened new years day, was our kitchen sink clogged up, we've tired draino...still didn't work...so I have an ICKY sink with a bunch of black crud in it...oh it's so nasty :( I forgot to ask dh when he called if it's ok for me to run the dishwasher yet :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am trying to get back into my routine as I let everything
slack around the holidays......it feels good to get back into a
schedule.

Today, I:
*made bed
*vac living areas
*1 load of laundry
*went to bank (opened 2003 Christmas club account)
*dropped off film
*went to grocery

Now, I am making Taco soup for dinner since it's cool here.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:) please forgive me for being so late to post. I think I will just have to settle for giving you a rundown of my day. LOL!:toothy:
Got up and did devotions
Did 2 loads of Laundry (need to do at least 3 more)
Made some phone calls for homeschool co-op
Homeschool co-op meeting
Band practice for boys
Did school with boys this morning
Went over writing assignments with boys for our writing class tomorrow with a friend
Still have to do:
Make dinner for us (omlettes, ham, rolls and fruit) tonight
Go through coupons in my coupon binder and throw out expireds

Blessings,
debbie

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Well, I had great plans for today but I was up all night tossing my cookies. :puke: so I didn't get anything done today. I had such great plans!!!! I am very pregnant. I am having a girl in the middle of Feb so there are a lot of things I want to get done. :rockon: Well we'll see how I do tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
today i did the following,
did dishes 3 times. they are all done.
walked around the block 2 times.
took rent and van payments over to the places they had to go.
went to the store.
made the bed,
cleaned the livingroom
started diningroom
did laundry finished.
vacuumed kitchen
made the bed.
took tons of stuff to the garage.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi everyone!:)

First of all.....Congratulations Betsy for your pregnancy!:) I didn't know!!! You must so happy!

Well, my dh's parents came for diner today. That was nice.
We have been relaxing the rest of the evening. The boys are playing nintendo and dh is playing the drums and I have been on the computor for the last hour....:D

Lucie

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well I am glad that I only have one more day of work. I was out once this week sick and I don't get paid for Wednesday but that's okay. I have been sick as a dog, got pneumonia, and don't seem to be getting any better. Hope all of you are safe for the new year and I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Well, it was a looong day here, but we got a lot done! My spiderman sold on eBay, so I need to get some packing material and get him set to ship. DSs and I went to the PO to mail two books out that sold and stopped at the store on the way back for loss leader eggs. I waited outside with Gypsy at both places and they did very well! We also went to the library and then came home to lunch--ramen, hardboiled eggs and fruit. I had bread rising, laundry going and made No Bake cookies. I also made the potato chowder for dinner. It wa a very frugal say here!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.