Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the box that we're sending to Aaron's unit (the young marine from our community that we lost about a month ago) dd and I are wondering.......is it unappropriate to send our local newspaper with the huge articles about Aaron in them? We aren't wanting to upset anyone but actually thought it might be comforting to see how our community has reacted to his loss. We've found lots of interviews regarding him, his death and the way it affected his platoon and were wondering about this. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I think it would be a beautiful gesture. It would give them opportunity to reminise, which is an important and healthy part of greiving.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I agree, I think it would be a comfort for them to know he is being remembered and tthat none of them are being forgotten while they are over there. I often wonder if they think if they are going to get the same reception when the return home the veitnam vets did.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I don't think it would be a problem, but maybe you might want to contact one of the people in charge and get their opinion. Some soldiers take grief and loss differently, and who better to know how it would affect the soldiers there than someone there.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Originally posted by PrairieRose
thought it might be comforting to see how our community has reacted to his loss. 
I totally agree- I think they might like to see that the folks back home haven't forgotten.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I think that it's a good idea. We sent newspaper clipping to my nephew, who was in the Gulf War, and that was the first thing that he mentioned when he got home. How much he appreciated hearing about his fellow Marines from the tiny town where he lived.

Susie in MN

·
27,948 Posts
Yep, I'd send it Lisa. This is real life and to show them how we as a group support and when we have to mourn them is a from the heart thing to do. We are with them heart & soul. Big hug Lisa. :hugz:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts