Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deana is in a beauty pageant- and today is the interview portion. We get to drive 2 1/2 hours one way for a 5 minute interview!

Tomorrow is the actual pageant- with all the modeling stuff and more questions. Stuff like you see on Miss America.

It's going to be a LONG weekend.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I've seen her pic you've posted here. She is a beautiful young lady. I'm confident she'll be the winner. :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Go Deana Go! :D

Let us know what happens Denise. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Good luck Deana! If she is anything like her Momma she will do great!!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Oh, what a wonderful experience for her!!
I wish her luck & I'll say a little prayer that she does very well!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Good luck Deana! :) I hope the week-end goes well for all of you, Denise. :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, today was the interview portion. Here are the questions they asked her (each girl got different questions) and her resposes, best I can remember them.

1. What extracurricular activities do you participate in? "I don't do sports and such at school, but I take dance at a local dance studio. I study tap, jazz and tumbling. I work at the studio to offset my class fees."

2. What 3 words would your family and friends use to describe you and why? "Weird, cause I dress goth sometimes and listen to metal music. Caring- because I'm involved in charity activities and I'm a good listener to my friends. Nice- because that's what everyone says when they describe me"

3. What dream do you hope to make happen in your future? "I want to become an actress"

4. What one thing would you change about yourself, and why? "I wouldn't change a thing. I like myself the way I am, and if I changed something, then I wouldn't be me anymore."

Not bad for a young 15 yo.

Tomorrow is the modeling part and more questions.
Thanks for the prayers and good wishes everyone.

·
27,948 Posts
:yippee: So glad you all are having fun! Go Deana go!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Your a winner to us Deana, I am sure you knocked em dead with those answers. You'll knock em dead in the rest of the competition !!!!
I wouldn't like to see you change a thing about yourself either !!!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great answers Deana! :thumb:

Good luck in the rest of the competition!

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Good luck Deana! :D

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, Deana didn't make the top 10 finalists. She ended up really sick yesterday- but went ahead with the pageant. She was hoarse, runny nose and fever through it all. So when they asked her a question- her voice was all raspy and such, red nose, watery eyes. I think she did great though. She had tons of poise under stress and made lots of new friends.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

·
27,948 Posts
Congratulations Deana! Your a winner in our book.:applause:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts