Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All everyday prices unless noted.
Store brand unless noted
Also to be noted Buddy is having a sleep over belated b-day party so I got teenage party foods too.

Grocery stores (walmart and local grocery)

Tomatoes 59 cents a pound (advertised sale price)
100% whole wheat bread 1.48
grated cheeses 3.89 a lb
tuna Chicken of the Sea in water .50 a can (advertised sale price)
Blue Mountain Dew 2 liter 1.25
Store brand Soda 2 liter .74
Jif peanut butter (2.5 lb jar) 4.98
Spaghetti sauce 1.33
Tomato paste .40
All natural tomato sauce .32
Chicken quarters .59 cents a lb ( advertised sale price)
Saltine no salt on top cracker 1.28

Aldi's
Frozen corn (1 lb bag) .65
Salad dressing 1.39
String cheese (12 1 oz sticks) 2.49
taco shells (12 count) .99
Box mac and cheese .29
Granola bars (6 count) 1.79
full size bag of chips .99
Frozen wild caught Salmon 3.69 a lb
gallon milk 3.11
dozen eggs 1.19
carton cottage cheese 1.99
bag fresh leaf spinach 1.69
Onion (3 lbs bag) .79 (.26 cents a pound) advertised special
All natural fruit snacks 6 lunch sized bags in a box .99 (reduced for quick sale)only sugar in them is from the fruit even uses veggies for coloring.

And there is my shopping trip

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be nice to know in which state you did that shopping.
I live in NE PA, besides Aldi there is no store here with those prices. You are lucky.
I really wish I could tell you what state but I can't. It is against Hubby's and my agreed upon internet rules.

Yes, I know I'm lucky on prices
We have walmart, a chain grocery store and a local independent grocery store in addition to Aldi's. And they all are within 4 miles of my home which is centrally located.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Imagine, those are about the same prices we have here.

I paid 1.19 for eggs at Aldi today but the salad dressing was cheaper than yours. 1.19. Maybe because it was the light fit and active? I bought the Caesar salad mix instead of the spinach because it was 99 cents.

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imagine, those are about the same prices we have here.

I paid 1.19 for eggs at Aldi today but the salad dressing was cheaper than yours. 1.19. Maybe because it was the light fit and active? I bought the Caesar salad mix instead of the spinach because it was 99 cents.
No, it was the fit and active one. Their other brand but it was a special purchase as it was a more exotic flavor Miso Mandarin.

I don't remember seeing Caesar salad mix ( I didn't look though) Your little salad mix ( bagged salad) is priced at 99 cents unless it is on special.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
sorry double post

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it was the fit and active one. Their other brand but it was a special purchase as it was a more exotic flavor Miso Mandarin.

I don't remember seeing Caesar salad mix ( I didn't look though) Your little salad mix ( bagged salad) is priced at 99 cents unless it is on special.
I mean No, it was not the fit and active one

Sorry for the confusion

Here is a picture of it
ALDI - special buys from september 29, 2010

·
19,119 Posts
love seeing what is happening elsewhere in the world!! I try to chuckle at our prices - because they are so ridiculous!!

Reactions: imagine
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.