Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~And I've only lived here a year now. :p It had been set by the previous owners to 68* all day and 60* overnight and 70* daytime weekends. :thud: Of course, I just hit override when we moved in and turned it up or down from 60* to 64* as needed. But there are so many times I've forgotten to go back and turn it back down when the chill is off. 4* may not be a big difference but I'm betting it will show up as a decent savings on my bill. It won't be 100% accurate comparing last year's bills to this year's since the temps are bound to be a bit different, but I think it may give me a good idea of the cost of forgetting and procrastinating about things.
Now I can just sit back and wait for the savings. Go me! :fdance:~

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You will have to let us know how much you save nuisance! Way to go! :clap:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Funny - dad just turned on our furance last night and both DH & I were sweating b/c we have not adjusted. Dad did sleep in today though so I guess he's happy with the furnace on. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
We don't have a programmable thermostat because changing it doesn't make sense to me - we are all home all the time. I did set it to 68 today because night before last it got really really cold. However, it didn't actually click on overnight so it hasn't actually run yet. Hopefully sun comes up and warms up the house again. It's right at 68, just the heat didn't click on yet. :) 68 is actually low for us to leave it - when winter comes we'll probably bump it to 70 or so. The thermostat's in the warmest spot in the house and our bedroom AND office are colder - where we spend most of our time. And the baby doesn't sleep well in cold weather, and if I can buy more sleep on the electric bill, I'll take it. :) At least we have generally mild winters here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts