Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
year since the death of my son. Did some crying talked to my youngest girl who had a hard time with today. The other 4 were worried about me. I spent half you yesterday crying as I removed his name from all his uniforms and the other half in er because I fell. I promised my self when I get dome with everything I can fall apart. I will go off by my self to do that. Its getting harder and hard to be strong.
My #2 so will be going back to work after falling apart over his death.
It took 5 months. It so hard being there for everyone.
Fern

·
19,119 Posts
Fern - I am so sorry for the loss of your son - what a rough year it must have been for all of you. If you are there for everyone - who's there for you my friend? You cannot do it all yourself. I'm sending prayers, hugs and aloha to you and your family and so wish that I could do more.

·
19,119 Posts
Fern - I am so sorry for the loss of your son - what a rough year it must have been for all of you. If you are there for everyone - who's there for you my friend? You cannot do it all yourself. I'm sending prayers, hugs and aloha to you and your family and so wish that I could do more.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my son use to say I was the strongest person he knew. I don't give up. I don't and I'm planning my falling apart. I know I need too so I continue to be strong.
Fern

·
Registered
995 Posts
Fern I cannot imagine what you are going through and have been going through this last year.

I remember when you came on the forum and told of your son's death.
My heart broke.

As MM said, you have to look after YOU too, you can't do it all.
I often think of you and say a quiet prayer for you.

I too am sorry that I can't do more.

(((SOFT WARM HUGS))))

·
Registered
955 Posts
I am so so sorry... A parent should never have to bury a child. Please do take care of yourself as well...

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Hugs..I'm sure your son is looking at you today from above and sending you all his love & strength..I hope you remember him today with lot's of fond memories and good times you had together to help ease your pain..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss, I just can't imagine what you've been through...sending lots of hugs to you and your family.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's been 10 years and three weeks since my oldest brother's death, and 4 years since my younger brother's. The pain never goes away but it does dull, and the time will come when you will be able to think of him without crying. It helped me to remember the happy times we had together growing up, maybe that will help your #2 to get through this.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have no one to lean. I talked to his dad last night and he didn't even remember. But then he told me to get over it. His only child. Even my exhusband was more help and understand then he was and thats sad. All my son's friends are there for me with funny stories. Like the wedding I went to in Jan. The groom told me that the Bride and him had been married a year and a half ago. the only witness was my son. Their parents didn't know. They were both happy that he was there.
I could go on.Fern

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Sounds like his real dad is having trouble with coming to grips with it.

Fern, you have sure been in my thoughts this last year.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I wish I had the words to make you feel better or make it more bearable, but I can not imagine the pain you must be feeling. I am so sorry.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. Days like this will always come, and its ok to mourn again... whether it be a year or 20 years. Allow yourself to cry and to remember.

It's been 15 years since my son died. The first year was really awful. It does get easier though. The pain never truly goes away, and creeps up occasionally and I still have to cry sometimes. But then you go on, and time creeps on whether or not we want it to.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.