Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...that my aunt moved to her new home.

She left 1/2 hour ago, with my dh. She cried alot at the last minute in the car...I kept my smile and tried to make her smile and teased a bit. I hugged her alot and told her she better come visit me next week...she laughed and cried at the same time. I wanted to cry. I kept it in. I didn't want to make it worse for her.
Now, I'm starting to feel it...I think I need a hug. :cry: I would love to be hanging around with all of you, right now, if we were closer...

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Oh Lucie, you know I wish I was there to be able to give you a huge :hugz: and to tell you we all love you.

Were all here for you okay. I know it hurts and my heart goes out to you.

:hugz: and more :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:hugz: Lucie :hugz:
I know that it is hard right now, but you really have done the best thing possible for your aunt, your family and yourself. I know that she will settle in just fine and enjoy her new home and all the new adventures that she will have with her wonderful caregiver. You've done a great job and gone way beyond the call of duty. It's time for you to give to your own family for awhile and to yourself. BIG HUG!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you CJ, Debbie...:hugz: Being here with you online is making me feel better. I know she will be just fine.

I took the time to identify all her clothes, her stuffed doggies and little nick nacks, decorations. I ironed her name with labels on her her clothes. I did all this with love and care. I made sure the new lady had all the important information for her, her pills, her dr. apointement...I even gave her a details of what she likes to eat, what she likes to do, how she comunicates, etc...Now all that is left to do, is pray for her and let time go, so she can adjust to her new home.

I'm thinking about doing something special this evening just our family. Maybe we could go out and see a movie. It's been a long time.:)

For now, I'm hanging around FV, with you guys. :grouphug:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:hugz: Lucie,
I think going to a movie would be a great idea. We took Jaysn to see Finding Nemo the other night and we all enjoyed it. Maybe you could go and see that one!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Today is certainly a rough day for you. Please be confident that your decision was the best one for everyone.

Hope you have a nice family evening. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Big hug Lucie. You've been and are so wonderful not only to your Aunt but everyone who knows you.
Time for you and I think a family outing to see a movie would be a wonderful thing to do. I'm looking forward to hearing just how well your Aunt has settled in. She's going to a nice home with a wonderful caregiver you trust. She's gonna be OK. You will too.

Have a good time tonight and enjoy yourself & your family. :hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank-you Dixie, Bev, Carolyn.:heartsm: Your kind words make me feel better...

Debbie, thanks for the suggestion...we'll see...do you think a 14 yr. old would want to see it?

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ooops...I hadn't seen your post Sara and Darlene...Thank-you so much. It means alot to me, all your support.:heartsm: I'll certainly tell you how my aunt is going as time goes.

Thanks everyone....:heartsm:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
:hugz: You should pat yourself on the back for the kind loving care you have given her. I see too many families bringing people into the nursing home where I work and dumping them off (never visiting) as soon as they become ill... and these are their parents, not even an aunt. You even took the time to list things for her caregiver and label her belongings-- that was really going the extra mile. You have taken good care of your aunt and seen to it that she will continue to receive good care. You have been such a blessing for her!

I agree with the others... go have a fun family night and enjoy yourself. It'll be good for you!

·
Registered
260 Posts
:hugz: Fom me to you Lucie. I know you made a very hard decision just remember what is the best isn't always the easiest.:hug2: -(this one is for you to share with your aunt)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks so much Amy and Gemmbp(sorry, I don't remember your name):heartsm: You are so kind.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
:hug2: You'll both need a bit of time to get used to things being different... You were very brave today Lucie ! We're right there with ya Friend !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Big :hugz: Lucie.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Lucie you are such a wonderful person to care for your aunt the way you have! I know it's going to be rough at first but just remember that it will be better for all of you and you can visit anytime! Hugas and prayers coming your way!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank-you Lori, Diana and Angie.:heartsm: :heartsm: :heartsm:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:hugz: Lucie--you did what was best for everyone.

You know where to find me if you want to chat. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts