Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it called a po po platter in some places and pu pu platter in others?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
hmmmmmm........:hmmm: i don't even know what either one is.:loop: :loop:

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
yeah, i'm glad i'm not the only one.:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Chinese food ladies! LOL Pu Pu is pronounced poo poo...you guys have never had those?

Now I'm hungry :(

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if po po platter is pronounced the same. Could be the communication issues I always have at Chinese restaurants. LOL

Once I was at a Chinese restaurant years ago. I ordered a daquiri. (once upon a time I actually drank alcohol) LOL Anyway, the little Chinese man kept asking me if I wanted it fooshion. I was with my then bf and he was saying Sara just say no I don't want fooshion to be safe. I said that and some time later my daquiri arrived looking like a cup of kool aid. I asked the waiter, excuse me...but there seems to be a mistake. I point to my daquiri. He gives me kind of a mean look and raises his voice a bit and says YOU SAID NO FOOSHION! I said I am sorry. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. He then brings over a little "translator". Apparently a girl that speaks better English I assume. She says you say no fooshion...this is no fooshion. At this point I am thoroughly embarrassed because everyone else seems to know what fooshion is but me and my then bf.
Then the amazing happens. It was like a secret decoder went off in my brain! Fooshion= FROZEN!

My daquiri wasn't frozen. LMAO

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I love po po/pu pu platter !!!!!!
I don't care what they call it as long I don't have any misunderstandings and get snails or an old shoe or something..... LOL

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
heeheeheehee.....you all are sooooo funny. you made me laugh.:toothy: :toothy:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
LOL Sara. I have a hard time understanding the lady that does my pedicures for me. I usually just shake my head yes and smile. I hope she isn't saying anything bad to me....one day I may end up toeless...lol!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
:D :D :D Y'all are so funny.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
:crackup: Funny story Sara!!!!

I've Never had a po po/pu pu platter..but it doesn't sound to good LOL
I always order sweet n sour chicken with 1 pork egg roll ...I'm so boring

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I checked out the links above and the po po/pu pu platter doesn't sound to bad...might have to try that :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Pupu platters are very common in Hawaii. In fact, we call all appetizers Pupus in Hawaii. I know the word sounds awful, but the food is ono (oh no), translated: delicious!:toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
Wow that is deep. Delicious and thought provoking...all the features.
Loved the Fooshion/ no Fooshion story Sara.;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts