Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning all,
My cousin lives in a part of California where they've been having lots of small earthquakes for awhile now. She wants to know how to store toilet paper in her camper for an extended time without it rotting. The stuff she did have in the camper didn't last. I said to swap it out and put new in every now and again or use one of the food sealer thingies. Might squish it al ittle but still usable. TIA

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
this is the first time ive ever heard of tp rotting. wow.. guess you learn something new everyday.

·
4,028 Posts
I like the food saver idea. it would store flat so several could be kept in the camper for emergencies.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are the ideas I gave her. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
She might want to put in some of those little dessicant packets that come in things like vitamins - they would absorb any moisture from the air, which is what I think is most likely to make it "rot".

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Those space bags don't work. Mil gave me a couple and the 2nd time I went to seal them the zippers broke. They are nothing but JUNK.
Try the new zip locks I think they would work out better.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
the dessicate idea is great. in a suction seal bag.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah I was like, "rotting tp:huh: I guess, that moisture would do that, but never had it happen to me. Glad I never got those space bags.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought the same thing about rotting tp. I'm wondering if a critter of some sort didn't get in it and chew at so it looked like it rotted?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts