Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious what any one thinks about the whole thing with finding the Tomb of Jesus. Any thoughts?

·
27,948 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
~I seriously pity the people who are trying to sell this idea. They've booked their own tickets to heck and are trying to fill up busloads to go with them. The TRUTH that millions have believed for thousands of years is that Jesus was the Son of God, was sinless, was crucified, rose from the dead and accended into Heaven. Bodies of accended people will never be found. The DNA argument cracks me up, too. It can only prove that they were related to each other, that's pretty obvious since they were buried together. Also, the names on the tombs. Don't these guys know how common forms of Joseph, Joshua(Jesua) and Mary were back then? It's not only nonsensical falsehood, it's downright sinful, as it will lead people away from the truth.~

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think that it is a possibility, but I don't feel that the evidence is too compelling. As the article said there have been other supposed tombs and things over history, that they were sure was it... who knows about this one? Basically, too early to tell... I'd have to read more information about it.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I saw this on the Today Show today.

I find it interesting, but I don't really believe it's true. That was pretty much my take on the DaVinci Code, too.

The name thing... they went and had statisticians figure out the odds of a family having those exact names, and it turned out to be 1 in 1,000 chances.

The DNA tests proved that the tomb marked Mary (they believe Mary Magdaline) and the alleged body of Jesus were not related... their argument was that this proves they (the persons buried there) were husband and wife.

Like I said, I don't believe this is who they think it is, but I'm still interested in the theories and science behind it.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
i too dont believe in the theory of finding any evidence. And also i watched the movie Davinci code, thought it was blashempy, me being Catholic. But thats just my opinion. I have friends of all races , creeds, and reliegons.
I did watch the something o the discovery channel one time claiming they found jesus brothers box, where he was laid.
I find some things i look into. I know that as humans its normal to try to understand and see with our eyes, then to just believe with our hearts.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I don't believe this is who they think it is, but I'm still interested in the theories and science behind it as well as the rest of you.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I find it fascinating. The likelihood that this is THE Jesus of Nazereth is rediculous, and to be honest, their proof is going to be seriously lacking, as the Jewish custom of the time was to remove the bones at a later date and bury them in an unmarked location later on (I don't know why, that's just what I'm told). Regardless, it'll be like everything else surrounding Jesus -- a mystery.

Course, it's hard to put a lot of truth to a project headed by James Cameron (a film director). Don't get me wrong, the man has done some fantastic work. But come on, a film director? What's going to happen next, Speilberg discovers Atlantis off the coast of Mexico? Scorsesee finds Amelia Earheart alive and well in a home in North Carolina? Tarentino unearths a live sasquach flipping through a Playboy on the beach in Quatamala? I just figure if they were going to actually try to have some credibility, they'd hire a well-known expect in the field or something! Why bring James Cameron (other than attention and funding?). *shrug* Oh well, more than my little housewife brain cares to think about.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ithe Jewish custom of the time was to remove the bones at a later date and bury them in an unmarked location later on (I don't know why, that's just what I'm told). Regardless, it'll be like everything else surrounding Jesus -- a mystery.
Yes, I remember reading this too. Although I don't know if these could be Jesus' bones, I do believe that he was a human mortal man (with two human parents) and that he was an amazing leader and speaker. I believe he really did good for his community and I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that he was married. I don't believe at all that he was the result of the immaculate conception and that he actually rose from the dead so I do find this finding of bones very interesting and fascinating.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I also serve a Risen Saviour....this stuff appears every Easter. I'll listen more closely when it's a trained PhD in New Testament archeology making a documentary, not the "Titanic" guy.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't even have to read through it to share my thoughts...

Jesus rose on the third day and his body was not in the tomb. He ascended into heaven and didn't leave his body behind.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
~I seriously pity the people who are trying to sell this idea. They've booked their own tickets to heck and are trying to fill up busloads to go with them. The TRUTH that millions have believed for thousands of years is that Jesus was the Son of God, was sinless, was crucified, rose from the dead and accended into Heaven. Bodies of accended people will never be found. The DNA argument cracks me up, too. It can only prove that they were related to each other, that's pretty obvious since they were buried together. Also, the names on the tombs. Don't these guys know how common forms of Joseph, Joshua(Jesua) and Mary were back then? It's not only nonsensical falsehood, it's downright sinful, as it will lead people away from the truth.~

ITA! I'm gonna believe God, and not James Cameron. :)

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I don't believe any of it! So, tell me where the bones came from when he rose from the dead body and soul. I totally agree with you nuisance26! This whole thing totally disgust me!

·
27,948 Posts
I just figure if you want to watch, watch. If you don't, don't.
Everyone believes what they will and a tv show or someone preaching will likely change either. Find joy wherever you may. :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I just figure if you want to watch, watch. If you don't, don't.
Everyone believes what they will and a tv show or someone preaching will likely change either. Find joy wherever you may. :)
:yeah: :) .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts