Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to post this. I have a dark gray sweat shirt and it had some spots where I got toothpaste on it when I was brushing my teeth. I washed it today and didn't notice the spots were still there and put it through the dryer and now there are white toothpaste spots on it.

Does anyone know how I can remove them. I didn't know if they were set because they went through the dryer. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Heh, when in doubt - try vinegar!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously though, not sure why they didnt come out. Isnt toothpaste mainly bakingsoda paste? I would think it would break down and wash out. I use SPRAY N WASH stain stick, not the spray and not Shout either. That stick does wonders for me, soy sauce outta white shirts after its had time to set before I could get home to wash and treat it. Blood too - so I dont think toothpaste will be a prob.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I econd the vinegar idea. I don't believe I have ever come across tooth paste stains, but vinegar is worth a try. White to be exact.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I tried the vinegar and the stains came out. You guys are the best!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
LOL Glad it came out autumn...I dont know what it is about vinegar. Its strong like an acid, but gentle enough to ph balance your water but strong enough to clean....its a wonder in itself! :mdance:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am glad your sweater came clean Autumn. I love vinegar as a cleaning aide also. I used it to freshen the garbage disposal and to clean my plastic shower curtain liner in the washer yesterday. I will have to remember it for stains now too :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts