Frugal Village Forums banner

Toss It! Challenge

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  aylasmommy 
#1 ·
Okay, it's just about summer, and in the summer we begin to shed our winter selves. We wear less clothes, we begin to think about losing weight (bathing suit season and all), and I think it's a great time for us to lose some "crap" in our homes as well.

I am going to challenge you to toss at least 5 things per day. Yes, this is similar to FlyLady's "27 Fling Boogie", but I need to size it down to make it manageable for myself and I would like for it to be something that is done every day; not just when the mess gets out of control. It can be something as small as a piece of paper to something as large as an old piece of furniture. My hope is to eventually realize that I have tossed everything that is not necessary to my life and I can change from tossing to organizing what I have left.

Will you join me? Today I threw away:

-an old calendar
-old student paperwork from last year
-plastic bags that I was saving "just in case"
-a bunch of upc's that I will NEVER organize
-some expired coupons

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, I will toss 5 starting today ....... Thanks Amy.....

#3 ·
Great idea Amy! :thumb:

I'm in, can I toss more than 5 per day? :laugh:

#4 ·
Diana, You can toss 50 or 5! 5 is just more manageable for me. Lately, I've been feeling overwhelmed with life and am trying to set small goals for myself that I can achieve so I can feel successful. Small goals will lead to big goals. :D

#5 ·
this is a good one, maybe I"ll go take that stuff to goodwill i keep trying to donate (they are ALWAYS FULL, omg!) anyways, I'll come back and update with what I've tossed today! :)

#6 ·
I'll join you! And your right Amy, small goals lead to big results.

#8 ·
Great idea Amy - love it.

Lets post each day what we toss. It'll be so much fun to read everyone's post.

Today I tossed:

- old pair of torn pj's
- 2 pairs of socks with holes in them
- a magazine that was old and no longer needed
- 2 old sweaters that are way to big for me now that I've lost 25 lbs.
- 2 envelops that were laying on the dresser

#9 ·
This is great for me!! I started decluttering last week, but I am now kinda stuck. So to get myself into gear again, I will commit to tossing at least 5 per day :)

Thanks Amy

#10 ·
I tossed...2 whole garbage bags full!!:D

#11 ·
As soon as the trash gets picked up tomorrow, I will begin doing this, I had planned on tossing out a bag of my junk and a bag of junk from the kid' rooms as well each week. I think i can do five items easier, lol. I'll come back tomorrow once my garbage cans are empty to tell you what I have tossed. :D

P.S. Great thread idea!!

#12 ·
You're on Amy!!!

1. A broken Angel (this one was hard to get rid of)

2. An angel (this one was even harder, because it was not broken)

3. A broken hummingbird :eek:

4. The old coupon box (still had good ones, but too many expireds and cant go thru it...:weeping:

5. Dh's holey undershirt (this one was easy FOR ME!!! shhh!!)

#16 ·
Today I tossed away a few walmart bags full of stuff:

clothes left by vvisitors two years ago
some broken toys from ds's room (boy did that tick him off :( )
misc papers ds hid under his bed (again ticked him off :( )
misc papers from my closet
misc papers from the dining table

#18 ·
Ok, I just tossed

~One baby mismatched sock of ayla's
~ One old tank top
~One old leotard (was given to me and isn't comfy)
~ One old pair of underwear
~One set of teeth bleaching system~~it was in our house for 3 years and before that was at my MIL's house...who knows how old that stuff was :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.