Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been trading as a hobby recently, what do you think, should i start an actual career in this domain?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ultimately, the vast majority of traders are not able to beat what simply investing in a S&P 500 fund could return and many traders take risky bets that makes them much more likely to lose. Unless you know the ins-and-outs of the markets you're trading in, investment strategies you're executing, and have really good reasons for making the investments you make, you're not really investing, you're speculating and gambling.

I'd also be weary of taking the current market as an indicator of how well you're doing. Not only have we seen astonishing growth over the past 10 years, but the past year has been extremely volatile and if you were on the positive side of that volatility + the positive side of long-term investing over the past 10 years, you may get a false sense of actual ability.

I'd keep it as a hobby, assuming you're not risking too much, continue to learn and develop your strategies.

Also, if you're actually interested with investments as a career, there are paths to follow to invest other people's money, which is preferable to investing (RISKING!) your own :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
risk managment should be taken into account when investing in stocks..

speaking from experience, at the beginning it's very likely you loose money till you grasp the basics in technical analysis..

good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Of course, this can be a source of income, quite good. The main thing is to know how to start correctly and where it is best to start. That's why I would suggest you to read some blogs or enter chats like like this one for Trade Forex just to gain knowledge and ean money, not loose them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts