Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an old lamp i had gutted..."just in case". I didn't think much about it until today when i was about to chuck out a standing pillar candle holder. The candle holder is for citronellla candels. stands abuot 3 ft high, but the bottom part is all broken. the top part looked great still. so i took off the top and tossed out the bottom. had it sitting here for a few days trying to figure out what i wanted to do with it. and then i found my lamp guts....ideas began to form... :idea:

i strung the lamp cord and socket through the top of the pillar holder (this part looked like a lantern) then i secured that in. needed something to hide the guts but allow light through

i had a ton of glass. and enough in green to cut four panels out of... and tada!!!

i have a handmade lantern for my patio!! The colors out there will be blue and green. it's covered so water won't be an issue either!!! Yay!! FREE!!!

as soon as i can find my camera i will take a pic to show everyone.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
How creative! Can't wait to see a pic! :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here it is!! kinda grainy, but you get the idea. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i still have to wrap the cord in black so it won't be so "here i am!!". but otherwise, yay. i am so pleased.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it only took about an hour to do this. and because i had EVERYTHING it cost me nothing. I am very pleased...can ya tell??

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Very creative, Missy. Nice job :clap:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Creative thinking, love it!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
WTG Missy! It came out great! :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Very nice job! It looks great:)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
good idea missy!!!! u are creative!!! my hubbys like that too.!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. It's fun to use things i have destined for the trash to use different ways.

·
27,948 Posts
You are so smart! Looks great. :tay:

·
Registered
39 Posts
That is cool...I have an old floor lamp that I need to replace the cord on and I was wondering what I could do with it..you got my crafting brain a turning, Missy!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Great job Missy! I love messing around with stuff like that. I found a glass lamp at a yard sale one time. I cleaned out the inside and poured in green paint. Let it dry, rewired it and bought a new lamp shade. We still use it and it's still one of my favorite lamps. I have two other lamps I want to recycle for the house too.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is so pretty! You did a great job Missy. You are so creative, I remember the great dresser that you redid and how pretty it turned out. You are our creative guru :) .

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You go girl! I love trash to treasure crafting. I have alot of ideas for some candle holders and a neat garden seat if I can only talk DH into letting me take apart that old tractor he drug up here a year ago, LOL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts