Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Yes, I have a Nordi track. I bought one with a good motor like the gym ones. Proform's are a little cheaper I believe.

Reactions: ktsmama

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Yep. I've had mine about 3 years. It gets lots of use. It was just a cheapie at walmart. I bought a less expensive one as I wasn't sure how much I would use it. It has been a great treadmill ofr under $300. I believe the brand is Weslo

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does anyone use a treadmill on a regular basis?
I had a NordicTrack treadmill for four-and-a-half years till I broke it. :blush: Well, it didn't really break, it just kept needing maintenance it shouldn't have. For two grand, it should have held up better and longer.

BTW, I'm 5'8" and 140 pounds, so it's not like I crushed the thing. :hmmm: I used it three days a week for thirty minutes.

Now, in place of the treadmill, I just use a workout step and step to music while wearing a heart monitor. Better workout for much less money.

Not that you asked, but I've gotten much longer and better wear from my commercial grade rowing machine. And, before the treadmill, I'd had a NordicTrack cross-country ski machine that was going strong after eleven years. But, treadmills and exercise bikes I tend to wear out fast. Obviously, they're not LuLu-proof. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a Pro-Form, model 745CS, that I've had for years. It's held up to 45 minute sessions 5 days a week with nothing but occasional easy to do belt adjusting. I'm sure it's been replaced with another model by now but I recommend this model if you come across it for sale second-hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.