Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not completely scratch b/c I do use a bottled marinade although you could certainly forgo this and make your own. 1 pkg of chicken breasts (either bone in or cutlets, bought on sale ofcourse;) ) washed and placed in bottom of crockpot. 1 large onion cut up in rings, 1 large bell pepper or 2 if you really love bell peppers with your fajitas. Place both on top of the chicken and pour a bottle of Chipotle Lime Marinade or whatever type you want to use, not as important as the crockpot imho. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Make a homemade guacomole to go with, serve on warmed tortillas with salsa and shredded cheese. YUM!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Thanks for the chicken recipe..sounds yummy...and you can NEVER have too many chicky recipes! :hearts:

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Mm that sounds delish! I might make that tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sounds good! Going to try to make it this week-end when I have off. Thanks for the receipe!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I don't have any chicken in the house, but I have some thin steaks. Do you think those would work for crockpot fajitas?

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have any chicken in the house, but I have some thin steaks. Do you think those would work for crockpot fajitas?
Sure it would. I'd just throw it in and then cut it up after you cook it b/c it will be soooo tender. ;) Enjoy!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
yummy recepie thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Thanks for sharing, going to have to try these one day :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Thanks for the recipe. I haven't found a fajita recipe that I really like yet, so I will be sure to give this one a try.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
This one sounds like a keeper. Will try it this week and report back on how DH and DD like it. I'm taking both of my crockpots with us to the condo in Gatlinburg on June 2, to save money on meals. I'm thinking this recipe will go along with me as well. Maybe I can double the recipe to have leftovers for lunch the next day and save even more money.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts