15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay ladies, post your "Tried and True" pork Recipes for the crockpot here. :D

I went to the site Bev mentioned earlier today and used this one:

Butterfly Chops & Potatoes

6 or more medium red potatoes, thickly sliced
1 large onion, quartered and thickly sliced
4 to 6 boneless, butterflied pork chops
1 packet Zesty Italian dressing mix (0.6oz)
salt and pepper to taste

Toss potatoes and onion with salt and pepper; top with pork chops. Sprinkle chops with dressing mix. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours. (a 4 1/2-quart or larger pot will be necessary for the larger number of chops & potatoes.)

http://www.sgeg-usa.com/crockpot_slowcooker/index.html

The changes I made were:

I only had 3 chops, just regular ones not butterfly (just the 2 of us here). I browned both sides in a little olive oil with 1/2 the onion. Sliced the potatoes (yep I used all six! :D ) and just layered them with the onions, salt & peppered each layer. Placed the browned chops on top. Deglazed the pan with about 1 1/2 ounces of white wine and 1 1/2 ounces of water. Let the alcohol cook off and poured on top of everything. Cooked on high for 3 hours and it was done!

Next time I may place the meat in the bottom of the crockpot. They were very tender but just a tad dry.

I give it 2 :thumb: up and will make it again. We have 1 chop left and enough of the potates for another meal for both of us. I have a 1/2 of a cooked chicken breast in the fridge so we have plenty for another meal, just add a veggie. :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure Heather, if you've tried it and it is good, this is the thread to post it in. That way we can have them all together in one thread.

I thought we could start one for each type of meat, maybe one for veggies and side dishes and one for desserts? What do you all think? Would the recipes be easier to find that way?

Oh, and yes I do like cranberries. :D

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
I think that's a great idea. I love my crockpot and use it all the time!

Cranberry Pork Roast

2 1/2-3 pound pork roast
16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 c cranberry juice
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 TBSP corn starch
2 TBSP cold water
1 tsp salt

Place roast in slow cooker. Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard and cloves. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast and keep warm. Skim fat from juices. Measure 2 cups, adding water if necessary. Pour into saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water to make a paste. Stir into gravy. Cook and stir until thickened. Season with salt. Serve with sliced pork.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Lemon Honey Roast Chicken

1 lemon
1 whole chicken, rinsed
1/2 c orange juice
1/2 c honey

Pierce lemon with fork. Place lemon in chicken cavity. Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine orange juice and honey. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Remove lemon and squeeze over chicken. Carve chicken and serve.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mmmm sounds good, I'm going to try that one, thanks Heather! :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Just bumping up some of these recipes for crockpots.

I'm going to start using mine alot.:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is my dh's favorite...

Pork chops (preferably boneless)
potaoes, peeled and sliced into 1/2 inch coins
1/2 onion, chopped fine or grated
can of cheddar cheese soup
can of cream of mushroom
paperika

Layer the potatoes and onions in the bottom of the crock. Cover with the soups and lay the chops on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks ladies, these look good! I need to ask a question though. What is a butterfly pork chop? Is it a certain way you cut the chop when you prepare the meal? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts