Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on fess up, what interesting things is your duct tape cozying up with?

In my freezer it has itself wrapped around our plastic ice bucket. :eek:

:hubba:

Next...

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
Well, in my bedroom, the screens in the window have duct tape covering some holes.

Also, to dh's dismay, I currently have the diaper bag held together with duct tape. It's one of those Peter Rabbit, lime green bags that they give you free at the hospital. We've had it since I had Julia, 4 and 1/2 years ago. We have another beautiful diaper bag that we bought when we had Julia, but it's really big and bulky. I'd just rather patch this one up with duct tape than lug the other thing around.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
It is adorning the screen on my front porch too, LOL I plan on fixing that when I scrub the porch down.

Oh last weekend Jack fixed the garbage can wheely thing with duct tape so I could use it when he is out of town.

Next.....

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
At present I can't think of a thing...but I have used it to wax my face before. I doubt it hurt anymore than real wax and it was much cheaper. Now I opt for the pain free method of hair removal cream for the face. Pretty cheap but not as much so as duct tape. :D

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Yikes Lisa!

It's not duct tape but when I was a starving student nurse way back in the 60s, I held my nurses shoes together with elastoplast that I got from the hospital and painted black with a felt marker. :) Nurses shoes where then the equivalent of two weeks wages and I couldn't afford them, so, I patched. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
We are using it to patch holes in the ceiling right now, but I think my father in law wins the contest, someone gave him a wall phone but did'nt make sure it was hung right, yes, he duct taped it to the wall. lol.
huz

·
Registered
445 Posts
What hasn't duct tape fixed? It's mended drip hose, the goose neck under the kitchen sink (in a rental). Kept the feathers from coming out f DH's down vest, and sleeping bag. Covered leaks in the trailer until it stopped raining. Too bad we don't get baleing wire any more. Duct tape, baleing wire and WD40 make a farm go...

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by huzzyjr
We are using it to patch holes in the ceiling right now, but I think my father in law wins the contest, someone gave him a wall phone but did'nt make sure it was hung right, yes, he duct taped it to the wall. lol.
huz
Lol thanks for the story huz.:) It must have looked great.:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts