Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hello ladies :)
I'm not pregnant yet but hoping to be soon. My story is something like this...
I have 4 wonderful children, all teenagers now. My oldest is 19, 20 this year, then 17, 16, 15 all with birthday still to come this year. I had my tubes tied after I had my youngest son and decided 4 was plenty.
So life happened and I got divorced...I then remarried and after 9 years we want to try and have a baby :cheergrl:
I had my tubal reversal done on 2/15/2008 and within the next week or two we are going to start trying. :hocus:
I will admit, I'm so very excited and this will be his first so he is just beside himself with joy.

Keep us in your prayers !
~ B

·
Registered
65 Posts
Good luck.

I have five boys and my oldest was three months short of his twentieth birthday when I had my last. They are now 12, 17, 19 (this month), 31 (next month) and 32.

I was almost 41 when I had my last and, I have to admit, I feel (and look) so much older than his friends' mothers. Oh, well.

Anyway, I love babies!

Oh, and have fun "trying!"

Janis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response :)

I'm 38 yrs old now...and we were concerned about infertility after the surgery. So I guess only time will tell.

May I ask, how did your pregnancy go ? I am told that because I'm "older" I may have some problems..."high risk". I've also been told birth defects are higher with women that give birth beyond age 35.

sheesh...no wonder I'm nervous. :ugh:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well, fertility was not a problem for me at the age of 40. In fact, Alex was a "surprise."

My pregnancy went great! I was pretty heavy when I got pregnant and I decided I wasn't going to weigh 250 pounds when I went in to deliver. I started eating really healthy and sensibly (and, of course, cut out the beer) and ended up, on the day of delivery, weighing 6 pounds less than I did when I got pregnant. As far as losing weight while I was pregnant, my doctor wasn't concerned. We discussed what I was eating and she said as long as I was eating healthily, it was fine.

I did have the amniocentisis (spelling?). That is a personal decision to be made between you, your husband and your doctor. If you do decide to have it, it's not nearly as bad as it sounds (the long needle into the abdomen). In my case, the anticipation was much worse than the actual procedure.

I was induced when Alex was a week overdue. It seems like all but one of my kids didn't want to come out under their own power. Delivery was easy; we went home, I think, when Alex was about 12 hours old and I was out feeding the pigs that afternoon.

Anyway, I wouldn't expect a difficult pregnancy and/or delivery just because of your age. Unfortunately, bad things can happen at any age. Just try and be as healthy as possible going in and I'm sure you and the baby will be fine.

Janis

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good luck! I just had my son as a result of the tubal reversal on only one tube. Had the surgery 2/23/2007, got pregnant after 2 cycles the first weekend in May 2007. He was born 1/16.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I wish you the best of luck, my one friend had a reversal and is so hoping to get pregnant and she admit's it surely is fun trying :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just found out that I'm pregnant w/my third child (I'm 22) and the only response I've gotten from my family is "Are you going to get 'fixed' after this one". Stories like this are exactly why I won't. I feel like I'm too young for that. I have no idea what the future will bring and I don't want to decide in 10 or 15 years that I want more kids and have to be going through this.

Anyways, I'm excited for what the future will bring you. This is something that will probably succeed in being nothing short of a miracle and a huge blessing to your family. I wish you the best of luck...have fun!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Prayers coming your way!!! May God bless you with a new life!!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Good luck!

--Michelle

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Best of luck. Don't get too worried about your age, I just had my last at almost 45 with no problems.

I just found out that I'm pregnant w/my third child (I'm 22) and the only response I've gotten from my family is "Are you going to get 'fixed' after this one".
Frugal Five-I got so sick of that question. It is my private business afterall. I took to telling people I don't need fixed, I'm not broken.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got alot of "so now your done, right!" after I had my son that was almost five years ago... Now I have another son and trying again to get pregnant, some people are just ment to be mothers.. My sister was ment to be a CPA, and my other sister a basket-case...LOL anyway what I'm trying to say is I think kids are wonderful no matter what age you, or they are...

Tiffany

Wife to dave:horse:
Mother to Taylor:pony:
Matthew:animated:
Avery:hero:
and trying for another girl:cloud9:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Best wishes and lots of luck on your journey!! I work in Couplet Care(post partum) dept at the hospital here and more of our mommys are over 35 even over 40 and beautiful healthy lil ones born every single day!!

I took to telling people I don't need fixed, I'm not broken.
LOL I say my hubby(had vasectomy 9 yrs ago,considering reversal now) is broken now and needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
sending baby dust ur way. we are trying also. it will be his first when we do. what part of ohio are u in? we live in fairborn near wright patterson air force base.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts