Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I haven't posted in awhile and not in this section of Frugal Village. I am just thinking to myself that if I write this down I might stick with it. I love the Weight Watchers program, but due to work/childcare issues I am unable to attend the meetings. I am going to give the online version a try and go for it. DH wants to lose weight as well and we really want to take a family trip this summer. I am having problems with my knee and feet and desperately need to lose weight.

It seemed like it was so much easier when I was younger. :smhelp:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Good luck on your weight loss journey. I have been thinking about joining myself, just don't know about the monthy fee. I mean I know how much it is just don't know if I want to pay it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
There is a new program out....I'm going back this week! Usually this time of year, there is no joining fee. Just the weekly fee. I am a lifetime member, but currently 7 pounds over goal.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
There is a new program out....I'm going back this week! Usually this time of year, there is no joining fee. Just the weekly fee. I am a lifetime member, but currently 7 pounds over goal.
how do you like the new program?
Oh, I re-read your post you have not gone yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the support. I need to do this for myself and family to stay healthy. Too much work to do this year to be as overweight as I am.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I ran into two of the ladies from my WW group a few weeks ago. They were raving about the new program.....I think they mentioned all fruits and veggies are now *0* points? I will be going on Wed.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good luck! I restarted today, hopefully I'll stick with it. I'm not going to meetings though, I am just following the point system.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I've heard the new program is lower in refined carbs. When I tried WW in the past the problem I had with it was too many carbs allowed, so this sounds like a good change to me. I'll be interested to hear how you like the new program and how well you are doing on it!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I want to hear all about it too. I have all the old stuff from the old plan so I could do that, but am more interested in the new system.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck! :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Good luck to you! :)

Jennifer Hudson looks amazing now. I'm pretty sure she said she did the new program. They show her commercials all the time.

·
Registered
625 Posts
the last meeting i went to was Dec 6th, they told us about the new program...I am lifetime, but weighed in tonight 3#s over...haven't figured out the new system..you who have done it already, do you like it very well? is it easy to learn/?/???

·
19,119 Posts
Like what little I have heard about WW's new program. Good luck and keep with it for anyone following any healthy program!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Okay...I went to my meeting this morning. I am 6 pounds over goal, not horrible since I haven't been since June! The program is a LOT different. The daily points are much higher, as are the weekly bonus points. Almost all fruits and veggies are *0* points. Some food points have gone up. You pretty much have to buy the 5.00 calculator to figure points.
Need to refigure points on a lot of foods I eat......

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got signed up finally. It looks like an awesome program. I like that I can type in ingredients for a recipe and it figures out the points for me. I am going to start this tomorrow as I gave not eaten that great today. I am just going to continue to think about our vacation and how much better I am going to feel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay started this yesterday. So far so good. I have made pretty good choices so far and my hunger level is not too bad. I am eating my bad for me meal tonight. DH and I were supposed to go out, but the weather was too bad.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.