Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ladies I am totally embarrassed :bag: to ask this and I hope that it is not to much info. Ok so DH and I have decided to start trying for baby #2, DD was a surprise I thought I had the flu lol because I was sick all day. Imagine my surprise when the Dr. said nope, It was a happy surprise!!!
So I have very irregular periods. I can have anywhere from 1-3 a month and then some times none at all, which makes tracking near impossible. I really don't even bother to keep track which drives the Dr.s nuts. So how long after should I wait to have a pregnancy test? Because I have thought that I was before and it just turned out to be a month with no aunt flo. We have talked about waiting 2 months and seeing but because of the medical problems I had last pregnancy DH says he wants to know sooner then later. But I think because of how irregular everything is that maybe waiting 2 months would be ok.
I am treating myself like I could be pregnant so no alcohol, eating healthy, taking a prenatal vitamin etc. but just wondering what you guys thought

·
8,714 Posts
~If I was that irregular I'd just test myself every 2 weeks. Generic tests aren't that expensive($3 and up). Good luck!~

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I agree with what was said above. Also, I wanted to wish you much luck. I hope you become pregnant quickly and all goes smoothly for you. Have fun. ;)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I would probably test myself just to be on the safe side. I have very light periods and it's not unusual for me to skip one completely now and again. I get nervous sometimes when I miss a period and if I am really nervous I sometimes take a test to ease my mind. I am not trying and won't be for at least a couple of years yet, but surprises can happen.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I would test too. Test your urine first thing in the morning when levels of HGC (think that's the right letters) are at their highest.

·
Registered
359 Posts
You can get some very inexpensive tests online, I don't remember where or how much, but I do remember it was a multipack for a cheap price. You could Google it. I personally may drag out testing every 3 weeks. I have the same problems with irregularity and it is frustrating when you are ttc. (not the case for me any longer) Good luck!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
I had very irregular periods and it took me three years to get pregnant with DD. Charting was HARD since my cycles were so irregular. When we started trying to DS, we tried for a while, then I went in for my annual exam and was diagnosed with PCOS, which explained my irregularity. I went on Avandia (which actually controls blood sugar levels) and somehow that evened out my cycles, and I got pregnant a few months later. I wish I'd have known that in the beginning!

Anyways, my point is... do your doctors know why you're so irregular? And, do you know the signs when you are ovulating? (I learned to recognize them in my body, but that's just TMI for this forum!) I would test about two weeks after you think you've ovulated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would try charting your cycle for a few months to see when you actually ovulate. You can go to fertilityfriend.com for alot of info!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for all your suggestions, I am going to go and get a test tomorrow and keep a few in the house.

do your doctors know why you're so irregular? And, do you know the signs when you are ovulating? (I learned to recognize them in my body, but that's just TMI for this forum!) I would test about two weeks after you think you've ovulated.

Yes my Dr.s know I am so irregular, I just had a complete exam with blood work and all. The Dr's. found nothing wrong, they said it is just the way I am. I went just after DH and I had decided to start trying to get an all clear before we started. I have pretty much this irregular since I started my period when I was 9.
I have a pretty good idea of when I am ovulating and what the signs are, and I have just recently become a member of fertility friend.
There was a book I saw at the store about taking control of your fertility or something like that, that I thought about buying but figured I would get it from the library first and see if it was any good.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We went and picked up the test the cheapest I could find was 2 for $9!!! That was at Walmart, so we are thinking of testing tomorrow and if not tomorrow for sure on friday if I haven't got it by then.
:babybot: Here storke, Here Storke!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well maybe next month my Aunt Flo came today!

·
Registered
589 Posts
BTW- I use to buy my tests at the 99 cent store. They worked cuz thats what I used when my last son came. tee hee
Have fun!!!! tee hee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts