Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is DD's last day of school for two weeks. This is going to be fun.

Today I have to

Wrap presents
Do a audit for a friend
Go with DH to band practice
Work on a scrapbook
Laundry
Dinner

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Good morning! It's sleeting off and on here...expecting a major ice storm here. Gripey even got gas for the generator that we've never used.... .
I'm (at the risk of :beat: ) preparing for that danged colonoscopy.... . So I have a few things to do while I can't eat anything to do to keep my mind off it.

~clean the bathrooms (since I'll be in there all day anyway....sorry)
~wrap a few gifts
~wash bathroom rugs
~wash my sheets
~sweep the floors
~straighten up all around

Hope everyone stays warm and has a productive day.

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
I'm so glad that I made it out of Walmart alive this morning!!!! What a madhouse! I'm done with the shopping though! Thank goodness!

Later on this afternoon is dd's Christmas program at school, then juice and cookies after. I have a few presents to wrap before that!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
the boys & I are in beautiful sunny California to spend Christmas with DH ~ he has rented a very nice condo near the base ~ I know it sounds silly, but we spent a few hours over the weekend cleaning/organizing the kitchen - he'll be here for a few months, so it may as well be like home :)

today's agenda -

* go to the base to get an updated ID card
* take the boys to the beach - (I like to hunt for shells)
* wrap presents that are hiding inside a suitcase in the closet :)
* use a gift card (Outback Steakhouse) to eat dinner out (it was an early gift from my MIL)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Beautiful mild, sunny day here on the Georgia coast. Praying it stays this way until after Christmas as well cause if I can't have snow on Christmas, I'll take the mild temps.

Was very busy all last week with Christmas projects at church, so my housework here at home got a little backed up. Spent most of the day yesterday getting caught up and will finish up this morning with the kitchen and mopping of the hardwood floors. I'm totally done with all of my Christmas shopping (gifts), but need to buy a few things for my Christmas dinner. Still have presents to wrap, but need tape to finish. DH is on night shift this week and will go in at 3 this afternoon and work till 11 tonight, so I will cook an early supper today. I'm really looking forward to having a few days of rest before the family arrives this weekend for Christmas. I need a break, LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
About 28 outside right now and cloudy..dreary.
Their talking freezing rain tonight (hopefully not too much) were still recovering from the wind storm and there are people still without power....and those poor line repair men, working 16 hour shifts and now ice...good grief.

so far I have washed 2 loads, still need to hang them
need to make a test run on a cake (can send with hubby to work tommorrow)
Off to work 11-4 today
need to clean up the patio (a mess after the wind)
make dinner (meatloaf I think)

Not looking forward to work....It's just getting crazy with all the kids and stressed mommies.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I have been soooo busy today. This is the longest I've sat down since driving the kids to school this morning. As soon as dh left for work, I got to baking.

I made:
~chocolate chip coffee biscotti
~2 batches microwave divinity (one failure, one success :laugh: )
~gumdrop cookies

Then I cleaned up the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, washed the extra dishes, & got a shower. After my shower I dragged out all the stuff we bought this weekend (the inlaws gave us $$ to buy what the kids wanted because we aren't going down there this Christmas) and wrapped it all. I only have dh's stuff to wrap, but I can wrap that stuff after I pick up the kids. For which I have to leave in 10 minutes. Ugh!

This afternoon I need to:
~wash, dry, fold, put away laundry
~wrap dh's gifts
~vacuum the downstairs

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I studied for tonights meeting
watched a special video {that was suppose to arrive yesterday}:ugh: & now I have to wait for the company to :call: me:rolleyes:
visited with friends & showed them the mini pooh back pack & books I got for my grand baby:D
emailed DD #1, can't believe Monday it will be 1yr since she moved to GA:cry:
got another card mailed
made sure dad made his call for his ride tomorrow & Thursday
took chicken out for dinner
folded kitchen towels & dish cloths & put them away
got another load of clothes washed & now drying
It's finally warmed up to 45* after being in the teens & 20's for the past few days :D

T

·
0 Posts
DS hasn't let me near the computer all day, so I got a lot done!

*Emptied the dishwasher
*Showered and dressed
*Got the mail
*Did a load of laundry - it's even folded and put away
*Worked a bit on DS's baby book
*Read a magazine
*Straightened up the bedroom
*Cleaned off the kitchen table
*Planned dinner tonight
*Took a load of trash to the dumpster and a quick walk around the complex

Woo-hoo!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not much happening here except household chores and wrapping a few gifts.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Had a hectic day at work today. I'm fiixing tacos for dinner, then it's shower and get in my p.j's....then look out sofa--here I come!!

Dixie Jean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts