Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to make tuna patties because they are simple to make and pretty cheap. The only problem is dh doesn't like them - says they are bland.

Any ideas on how to jazz them up????
I usually use italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can I ask how exactly you make a tuna patty. My kids would love these. ( Especially with the creamed peas on top).
Thanks.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I make them similar to meatballs/meatloaf but w/ 2 cans of tuna drained. I use breadcrumbs, eggs, and some shaker parmesan. I also add a little water to get them sticky enough to form into patties. my son loves them.

How do you maked creamed peas?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks everyone for the recipes. I am definitely going to have to make some of these for my family.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I just make a basic white sauce out of butter (or margerine), flour, salt and pepper, and milk:

For each cup of sauce:
1 Tb butter or margerine
1/2 to 1 Tb flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup milk

Melt butter over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in peas.

Spoon over the tuna patties. Yum!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'd put jalepenos in them - chopped up very small. You could try mustard if he likes that, or possibly even just serve them with lemon juice which would make a tart zing! Depends on the tastes of the individual you're trying to please. Incidentally, I do the same with canned salmon.

Reactions: lisettelovebug

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just make a basic white sauce out of butter (or margerine), flour, salt and pepper, and milk:

For each cup of sauce:
1 Tb butter or margerine
1/2 to 1 Tb flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup milk

Melt butter over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in peas.

Spoon over the tuna patties. Yum!
That's how I make my tuna casserole. I make a white sauce (though I so add a little parmesan). So this is like the casserole without the noodles.. hehe. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts