Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I like charcoal bbq better but just takes longer of course. so use the gas one for ease. I think I should just go to bass pro and get a smoker lol or look on craigslist. wood chips just depends on which one cus dh allergies. Love smoked meats. used to be a southern bbq place..like the one thing that is not a lot of here but they sold so not quite the same.

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
On a gas grill you need a pan to hold the wood chips, they will smoulder. Like SD says, grill needs to be big enough to put the bird to one side of the fire and not cook it directly.

Other major chain grocery here:

Honeysuckle white frozen 1.58/lb (free w purchase of 4.99/lb ham ~$20)
store brand fresh turkey 1.99/lb
Honeysuckle White frozen breast 1.79/lb

And:
Stovetop 1.68
sweet potatoes .58/lb
cranberries 2/$4
butter 1.98
5lb potatoes 1.48
bacon 3.88

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
bacon and butter are good prices!
Yes, this time of year I buy as much as I can fit into the freezer. I got 4lbs of butter at Aldi last week, 2 at the grocery near me, and I'll get 2 more on Tues before the sale ends. I will get more bacon if they have any left.

Reactions: marthamfi

·
Registered
10,353 Posts
"WASHINGTON, Nov. 17, 2021 — The U.S. Department of Agriculture today released the following statement on the average retail cost of Thanksgiving dinner staples:"

"Farm Bureau’s 36th annual survey indicates the average cost of this year’s Thanksgiving feast is $53.31, up $6.41 (or 14%) from last year’s national average of $46.90. "

21 - 26 of 26 Posts