Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Ladies!
Well its 6am and my whole day has just changed.
Original Plan - Stay Home Vaccum and Mop floors clean bathrooms.

New Plan sit in Doctors Office with DD. UGH!
She's gotten into something and her eyes keep swelling up. The common conseneses is that she shared eyemake up with one of her girlfriends this weekend and caught something.:shake:

Fortunatly her doctor has a walkin side for sick kids nd they fit you in as the schedule allows. So its a waiting game. I'm hopeful to get there when he opens at 8 and get out before noon.

Will come hme and see what I can still get done and how bad the budget will be slammed:dollar: .

Laurie in Bradenton

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sorry to hear your DD isn't feeling well Laurie. I hope you're able to get in to see the doctor quickly and everything clears up. Let us know how it goes.
Already today I have:
~Showered.
~Gotten everyone up and fed. DH is off to work. DS#1 is off to school. Soon I will drive DS#2 to school.
~Unloaded the dishwasher.
~Made beds.
~Started laundry, on load #2 now.
~Cleaned out the kitchen junk drawer. I was dreading that job!
~Fed the dogs.
Still need to:
~Sweep the kitchen.
~Wipe the boys bathroom. At what age do they learn to aim? :)
~Declutter more. Almost done!
~Balance the checkbook.
~Gather and organize items that need to go to the camper this weekend. Start loading it all in the truck.
~Cook dinner and clean up.
Hope to find sometime to read this evening, we will see.
Have a great day everyone!

·
Registered
10,774 Posts
Good luck Laurie!

Stayed home from work with a terrible sinus headache, kept dd home from school with a fever.

Just going to relax around here for the day.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Morning All! Not a whole lot going on here today as I cleaned by butt off yesterday :va:

*a couple loads of laundry
*Walgreens to pick up RX
*Shop for a new BP monitor....mine croaked a couple of days ago and I have to have one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hope it's something that can be easily taken care of. I hate sitting in the Dr.s office all day.

·
8,714 Posts
~Sorry about your DD,Laurie. I hope she feels better soon!
~Once again, Lisa, I am awed and inspired by your list. Can you send some of that energy over here?!
~I had a relapse into my cold yesterday and didn't really get anything done cause I felt so icky. So hopefully today I can get done the cleaning I wanted to get done yesterday. And the laundry, dishes, cooking, picking up, playing with the kids, ect. I might need to put on some music to get me going. I can't seem to get enough rest to make this cold go away. Urg.~

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It's 7:30 and dd is up and getting herself ready for school. In a few minutes she'll get in her car and away she'll go.

Today I need to:
Feed the dogs
Make the bed
Work on laundry
Read for two classes (psychology and income tax)

·
27,948 Posts
Laurie, hope your dd feels better soon & there is just a nibble out of your budget.
All you ladies are busy! I woke up with a nudge of energy & decided to go with it. So far I've sent dh off to work with a kiss & a hug, cruised the Village while sipping my tea, unloaded & loaded the dw, cleaned bath, made bed, dressed, hauled wood in for the fire, picked up the house, added some deposits to checkbook & pulled chicken and veggies from freezer for dinner.
Only thing left to do is the catbox, keep feeding the fire, putter on the puter and I'd like to finish reading my book. Glad I cleaned well the other day so I can relax more today without guilt.
Hope the deer come around again today, want to get out the camera and take a few pics & email them to someone who liked seeing them on the creek when he was here last week. Think he'd get a kick out of seeing them so close to the house. One was at the bottom of the backdoor stairs yesterday & 2 nearby. Looked like it was thinking about walking up the stairs, lol. :reind2:
Hope you all have a great day.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Gm all:fdance: Laurie.. I hope your dd eyes get better.

Things I have to try and get done today(ever sence my back has been hurt I dont get to do as much as I want.

wash my bed stuff
unload dish washer
fill dish washer
vacoum
clean bathroom

that is all I can think of for now . Have a great day all and for the ones that are sick take care of your selfs:well:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Laurie,
I hope your daughter is well soon and that it doesn't take too long at the doctor's office.

I had a friend come over and completely cleaned my kitchen and living room for me, including mopping and waxing the floors. That made me so happy.

Since I still have to be off my feet, I try to do things in the bedroom as I can.
I would like to go grocery shopping, but I'd have to do it on crutches. I may give it a try! Hope I don't fall!!

Other than that, I will balance my budget for the first week in March and see how I do.

I also have to pay bills today.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hi Laurie, I hope your dds eye is nothing serious. It could be pink eye.
Today is just a lazy day at home. Dh is off work today and we are just sitting around doing nothing. It snowed yesterday after being so nice the last few days. Suppose to be back up in the mid 40's by saturday.

I have a load of laundry that needs folded and trying to think of something for supper.

Everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hopefully you get out of there real fast Laurie and DD is better very soon.

Today so far: quick tumbled a line load
washing a load
payed some bills and done some banking
fed fur babies
made the bed
have chicken in crock pot

Need to: clean and reload coffee pot
put away clothes and hang a load
clean downstairs bathroom
quick wipe and sparkle kitchen
work 11-3
pick up a few things at store
drop taxes in mail
workout

Hope everyone has a great day.

G

·
Not much going on here - I have a bunch of errands but I've been letting them pile up until the weather is nicer. It's 19 degrees out now, but supposed to be 28 tomorrow and up to 45 on Saturday.

Goals for today:
*Take out trash
*Do a load of DH's work clothes
*Clean the shower

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Morning all! Laurie, hope DD's eye is better.( Is it pinkeye?) So far today I have:
* Biked a couple of miles( Still windy out there)
* Made bed
*Took care of pets
*Started some soup
Plan on visiting son this afternoon,doing a quick pick up, supper and cleanup.
Relax

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Once the kids get some schoolwork and housework finished we will run a few errands.
~Need to run by my mom's office and make a run to the bank for her.
~The kids want to go to the library. So I will drop them off there while I do some mindless shopping at the antique store.
~This afternoon we will go to the ballfield so John, our pitcher and our catcher can practice together. That will last three to five hours so after that we will be home for the night.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I hope all is well with your dd. I have had problems lately with eye makeup. I can only use mascara and eye liner a couple of times and then need a new one. After a couple of uses my eyelash follicles get infected and I have to go get an antibiotic. I went out today and used some of my coupons and was so proud of my brain for having a good idea. I had some coupons for free dog food, we don't need because we don't have a dog. I got the free dog food anyhow, then drove the few blocks from the store to the pound and dropped my free scores off there. All that is left to do today is clean up from lunch and do the floors. I also have to figure out what is for dinner tonight.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Here it is almost 2pm and I feel like I am just getting started with *my* list of things to do. DD2 has been in rare form today getting into things and it started at 6:30 this morning. DD7 wanted to make breakfast so I had to supervise her. Then some schoolwork and took dd7 to piano. They are having lunch now.

What I still need to do:
~ put away dishes I washed last night
~ hang load of laundry on clothsline
~ wash cloth diapers I just received
~ bake a dessert
~ put ham in oven for dinner tonight
~ wash dishes
~ Clean & pickup living areas
~ Sweep
~ water garden
~ play board games I promised the older girls I would
~ Cook the rest of dinner
~ Clean up from afternoon
~ Finish a knit washcloth tonight

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
DS Spent the night at ex's house (he is in VA and needs pets cared for). Had to call and get him up. Hopefully he made it to school (within walking distance of the house).
DD had an orthodontist appointment this morning. Just a consult. Got the estimated bill-$5K. Ouch! I hate the thought of payments but no way around that now as the EF and savings will be wiped out by their dental appointment on the 26th and oral surgeries on the 29th.
Made it in to work fine- no problems. Headache with sinus issues but it is a slow day so I will trudge on.
When I get home- finish laundry, sweep/mop and vac. Dinner will be tuna caserole.
Tomorrow is payday- so I will write out bills tonight.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Laurie, I hope your daughter's eyes feel better soon. Today I have made the bed, shoveled off the balcony (half heartedly) there was a layer of snow over the top of hardend snow and ice. It needs to melt a little before I can really get it off, maybe this weekend. I hear that it might be 40 degrees. :) I've loaded the dishwaher. I still need to feed the cats and clean their litter box. Then: I need to go to the bank, Aldis, and dollar store. Once I get back home I need to do some dusting and make dinner. I should vacuum, sweep, and mop the floors. I keep putting that task off. Have a great day everyone :)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
*Good afternoon everyone. It's a cool 49* here after record high breaking temps we are back to the cold, windy & as always expecting :rain:

*Today so far I have...

*:dishes:

*took meatloaf out for dinner :hungry:

*took care of :cat:

*had :coffee: & :toast:

*helped dad with his account

*got another load of laundry going

*done a few surveys

*got my morning :read: done

*cleaned off top of dresser

*got garbage & recycle out {tomorrow is pick up day for both}

*tried {again} to call medicare about a dr. :rolleyes: