Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about TVP. I know that it is pretty cheap and I used to eat it then someone told me it is very bad for you. Does anyone know if this is true?

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
They say it's not very healthy because the way the soy is processed. I say it's fine in moderation. :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Anti soy people are going to slam it. If you eat soy, you will probably like it. I mix it with beans and soup. It has a barley/ground meat texture.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It's not worse for you than factory farmed beef.

If you can tolerate soy, eat it in moderation, and go for an organic, non-GMO TVP, it can't be that bad.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I probably use TVP once every two weeks. I think all soy in moderation, as with all things. I know it is more processed version of soy, but I looking at all sources of information feel that it is healthy for me and my family.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I bought some of this a few weeks ago, but haven't used it yet. I'm going to make some soup this weekend and will try it in that.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I agree with the "everything in moderation" thing. We use it. I don't like hamburger. I use it in sloppy joes and a few other things like that.

For those that routinely use it, you know how you get that fine powder in the bottom of the container. I use that to help thicken soups.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.