Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is anyone up to a Twenty Wishes Challenge for 2010, where we post 20 things we'd like to do in 2010 and try to do them?

This would be for fun and recreational things you'd like to learn or do. Or interests you'd like to explore. That sort of stuff.

I started a Twenty Wishes thread a year or two ago and had fun working through the things I wanted to do. I didn't manage half of them, but I had a lot of fun exploring new things! Plus sometimes the steps to my wishes were more interesting than the actual wishes.

I find now that my Twenty Wishes have changed. I'd like to start fresh with new wishes. Anyone up for this?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Sounds like fun!
Be back with a list!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
This sounds like it'd be lots of fun! Working on putting my list together now.

·
19,119 Posts
You hooked me in Peanut with your great list from last year!! Will post mine later!! Mahalo for starting this - we all need dreams!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
It sounds like great fun. I will post later my 20 wishes.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Oh that does sound like fun! I'll come up with my list and post it next week. Thanks for starting this Peanut!

Daylily

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I've tried searching for your previous twenty wishes forum because I wanted to see everyone's lists. I can't find it though. Can you or someone tell me where to look for it?
Thanks!
Daylily

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I think I found it. I was looking in Leisure Challenges but found Twenty Wishes Update in Goals and Dreams.

How inspiring to read your list and your updates Peanut! I can hardly wait to see what everybody lists :) This will be such fun!

Daylily

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
sounds good Im in.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm in! Be back later with list!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I keep thinking of things I need to do then have to remind myself they are all supposed to be FUN things. :) I've got a few though but think I might adjust the list before I post it. Maybe a few of them should go on Monkeywrangler's thread of 2010 Tiny Steps Toward Giant Goals instead of the Twenty Wishes.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
This sounds great! I'm in. Will make a list and post on Jan 1st. Thanks peanut! :)

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm with you madhen. Now I'm thinking about it, I'm having a hard time coming up with 20 items. Hmmm...this might be heavily fibre oriented as that's where I'm at this year... Going to think some more on this. Had a wonderful chat with a friend today talking over things we want to do in the New Year. Gotta change some things on my list...

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright. I think I have my 20 wishes lined up. they're a bit unusual. The ones I had two years ago were more physical and different in nature. I've done a lot because of them. But now I'm ready to spend some time on myself and doing things I love. So my wishes are.....:

1. Learn lace knitting.
2. Knit through "The Knitter's Almanac" by Elizabeth Zimmerman.
3. Make a Crazy quilt.
4. Make a Yo-yo quilt.
5. Update wardrobe (by sewing fabric at hand…and knitting, etc.)
6. Renovate kitchen.
7. Visit daughters in the Maritimes.
8. Sew an Irish Chain quilt.
9. Renovate our yard.
10. Learn to needle felt by hand.
11. Finish some stitching projects (ones I'm experimenting with).
12. Read a creative/craft/art book a month.
13. Set up a blog that generates 100 regular repeat visitors a week.
14. Hook 2 more rugs by July 1st. And another 2 by Dec. 31st.
15. Learn to spin exotic fibres.
16. Take time to experience frugal luxuries once every day…even if it's just a cup of tea! In fact, research different frugal luxuries to try.
17. Eat out once a week frugally. Research frugal date nights for DH and I.
18. Explore foods from different cuisines.
19. Knit a pair of socks that fit!
20. Experiment with art quilting.

1 - 20 of 468 Posts