Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DDs just left to go to Chick-Fil-A for orientation. Two new women joining the work force. They open up Thursday. They haven't been given a schedule yet, so we don't know when they will be working. This is the first job for both of them. I haven't wanted them to work and try to keep up with school work. DD17 will be graduating in 8 weeks and she will need to have a job then. DD16 wanted a summer job. We were afraid they wouldn't be able to get a job there if they waited. I wish it had opened a little later on. LOL! DD16 has had a tough year at school.

I think it will be a good place for them to work. They are not open on Sundays and they will work with their church and school schedules and any extracirricular activities they are involved in, too.

It does make me a little bit sad, though. They are almost grown!

·
27,948 Posts
Good for them! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
As long as it doesn't interfere with school work, I think part-time jobs are good experiences for kids. Congrats to them and hope they enjoy it.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Congrats to your DD's! My DD18 is working at Wendy's!

DD15 is not old enough yet and she doesn't turn 16 until August. She really wants to work though!

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I think it's wonderful, my DS who's 17 had a job for years now (he used to work my DH) but it shows them responsibility and the value of money. I think it's a great learning experience for them and you should be proud. :)

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do already have savings accounts. My DDaddy opened accounts for all his grandchildren when they were born. He put $100 in each one. They have saved money from birthday gifts and the like. I already told them they had to put at LEAST 10% into their savings and I would like for them to tithe.

They went to orientation, today, which they were paid for...2.5 hours. They go for training Wednesday evening from 6:30 - 8:30. The following Saturday, DD16 works from 1:30 until 8:30 and DD17 works from 4:00 until 11:00. I am going to be out of town for the weekend and won't be here for their first day of work. Boo hoo! I hate to miss out on anything they do. LOL!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Congrats to your dd's. :)
I really respect Chick-Fil-A's values and I hear it's a great place to work.

·
8,714 Posts
~I had a part-time job in a restaurant from age 16-18. I loved it! I appreciate the kind and courteous way I'm treated by Chick-Fil-A employees. They really pick nice people to work for them. Congrats to your dd's!~

1 - 11 of 11 Posts