Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a purchase on my debit card that I did not make and when I call the company # that the bank provided they say they don't have no record of any purchase. So I asked them, so the bank just took money out of my account and sent it to your business just because and that noone knows where the money is?? Good one! They still claim they don't see any money paid to them from my account. So, I called the bank back and they said that the money was paid to them Fri. morning at 8 am. I told them what the business had said, that they didn't see any purchase from their business. The bank associate said that they will deposit the money back into my account. It will be there Monday and that they will be writing them requesting their money back since they have no claim of it. This should be interesting! THe bank will be sending me a letter to let me know what the business has told them. I can't wait to see the reply they get. I hope it is the same one I got. HA! The bank did close out my debit card account and said they would send a new one. So no other purchases will be able to be made on that account as of now. Thank goodness. That is really scary. Not knowing where your money is...do they have it or not? AND why do they have it? I didn't authorize any purchase.

So be careful when using any CC or DC online.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am just thankful it was a small amount, 32.00 and not something outrageous. I am still upset that it was anything at all.:mad:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
That happened to me too, it was a clothing catalog company. Then after I complained and got my money back, they started sending me their catalog!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a pizza place charge my dc - when I called the bank they were very accommodating. They did the same cancelled my card and sent a new one - but the agent shared a story with me - there was a pizza delivery person that would take the cash from a delivery and use a previous customers cc number to pay for the pizza, so he could pocket the cash. :eek:
There are dishonest people everywhere but it just stinks when you are the victim of one....

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree Robin. I think there are dishonest people everywhere too. I kind of think whoever charged the money actually put it in their own pocket and not in the businesses. I talked to different customer service reps at different times and none of them could find a charge.

I have to learned to be very weary of using my card online!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I have a friend who uses a visa/atm card that is designed only for online purchases. She keeps the minimum in there and only deposits more if and when she wants to make a purchase. This may be okay, because if someone did try something sneaky, it would not work anyway.

how sad we live in this kind of world now.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good idea Robin. I may think about that next time I ever
try to order something online. Which may be a long time after this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts