Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had our AC repaired, compressor replaced.

Dh was out arguing with the the owner/repair man about the price of $700.00.

I walked out and told the man if he would just refund dh $20.00 it would make him satisfied and happy. LOL, he did it.

Finally, I have AC working. After a week of 102 and 107 degrees and trying to sleep and eat when it was 96 in the house, it's such a blessing!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, it was hard for dh to let go of any of that money for the repairs because it was savings we worked hard for just to have an extra house payment in case he got laid off so it even $20.00 was a bargain to him. So now, because we sold my old junker car for $200.00 and we got a $175.00 discount for paying cash and then dh got the $20.00 discount for arguing with the guy, LOL, we have only had to take $480.00 out of the "future house payment" so all is well.

It will take a while and lots of work to build that fund back up but atleast we won't be experienceing anymore HUGE bills for a while. :monke:

·
Registered
479 Posts
We just had our AC repaired, compressor replaced.

Dh was out arguing with the the owner/repair man about the price of $700.00.

I walked out and told the man if he would just refund dh $20.00 it would make him satisfied and happy. LOL, he did it.

Finally, I have AC working. After a week of 102 and 107 degrees and trying to sleep and eat when it was 96 in the house, it's such a blessing!

And of course the temperatures dropped 20 degrees yesterday...at least in Vegas. But at least you're ready for when they shoot back up later this week!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Glad you are getting a little relief now. Good luck building you extra payment fund back up!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
If I say please and thank you, would you send some of that heat my way? It's in the mid 50's here and I'm freezing. It is just wrong to have to turn the heat on in June.:nerv2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts