Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I planted some cucumber seeds a good while back and they are only about an inch tall and for the life of me I could not figure out why these things wouldn't grow. I watered, fertilized and fussed over them. Today dh asks what's planted in the wooden box and I say cucumbers. He asks me if they are growing and I say NO. He says he knows why.......the cat was sleeping on top of them this morning! :bang: :bang: :bang: I felt like playing a little cat football at that moment :toothy: So now I have to put little stakes in the dirt to keep kitty out and hopefully we'll still get some cucs this summer. Cats!!!!!!!!
Anyone else having "pest" problems?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Good luck with them......... Bad Kitty !!!!!!!!:paw:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Just think how much they could have grown already.:(

There is a dog that comes walking through our lawn at night. In the morning there is always dog poop on the lawn.:mad: :mad: :mad: I don't own a dog, so it upsets me!!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Our problems are more the wild animal variety. The deer, crows and raccoons eat everything they can. They are all very interested in what's left of the fruit trees and will eat all the dog food if we forget to bring it in. I did not get to plant a garden this year since we did not get it fenced off. Maybe next year...

pat

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Kitty was probably saying "boy this is such a nice sunny soft patch of dirt...I wonder what these little green plants are?" "meow":paw: Sorry about your cukes!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I have crows that have eaten almost every cherry on my cherry trees and bunnies that have treated my yard like it's their personal country buffet. :( I feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:toothy: Ha-ha, it's been raining for 2 days and kitty doesn't want to get wet so she's not sleeping on the cucumbers!!! And they're finally growing, yippee, might have some cucs to make pickles after all :toothy:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Our cat likes to sleep in the middle of the tomato plants,so I know where you are on this one. She moves them around to suit her sunbathing needs at the moment:toothy: I love the cat but I really want to taste a REAL tomato again:(

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Have you tried sprinkling red pepper around/on the plants? That's supposed to keep animals away without harming either the animal or the plant. It might teach your kitty to stay out of the cucumbers for a while! It worked for us outdoors with chipmunks and rabbits, but indoors, my cats apparently have asbestos-mouths just like their people do. ;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I hope you get some cucumbers now that the cat is lounging elsewhere :) . In our area, it is the wild animals that the problem, the rabbits think that gardens are a salad bar, there are times when I am sure the are disgusted that we forgot to leave the ranch dressing out for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts