Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its 12:30am & I've been up with horrible diarrhea & bad stomach/gas pains. I took 2 imodium about 25 minutes ago. My stomach is settling down a little bit....but not 100%. Any home remedies for diarrhea? Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated!! I need to get some sleep!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Angie I hope you feel better.........I know I'm going on 4 days of the same thing and stomach cramps and the anti meds don't work
Fern

·
Registered
995 Posts
This is a very easy home remedy that works - it will not stop the diarrhoea (the immodium will) but will make you feel better and will not make it any worse.

Drink small sips of either 7-Up or Coca Cola (the real ones and definitely not light since light drinks can work as a laxative).
The drinks mustn't be cooled or drunk with ice in them.

The drink replenishes the sugars and salts in your body which you lose in great amounts while on the toilet and make you feel better very quickly.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Probiotics! That will put the friendly bacteria back into your gut and help take care of the bug that is causing the problem. And one of the worst things you can do is to take an immodium to stop it. There is a reason for it to come out and you do not want to supress it. We have been led to believe that we must stop it in it's tracks. But you do need to keep up your fluids and minerals. Electroydes are important! Bananas help alot to replace them. So would a packet of Emergen-C. Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
A virus has been going around here the last couple of weeks. I got it and I just let it run its course. I did nibble on saltine crackers and that seemed to help.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody....my tummy feels better now for the time being....and my diarrhea has stopped for the time being also. Since I took 2 imodium now I probably won't have a bowel movement for a month lol.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i diagree with not stoping it.. i had the same thing yesterday and i took store brand liquid immodium... i eat a lot of yogert,, the greek kind so it does happen witha good diet..

cheese is good if u can eat it...or rice/bananas.. thats what i usually do..

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know this will sound strange, but it has been in my family for generations, and has always worked without fail.

When dealing with diarrhea, take a glass of warm water and put about a tablespoon of ground cinnamon in it. Mix it up and drink it down. (It doesn't taste good, trust me.) But for whatever reason, it seems to stop the diarrhea. You may have one or two more bouts after drinking it, but then it seems to stop.

Don't know why it works, but it does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts