Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I knew the economy in my area was getting really bad.. but they cut our hours at the store by 40 hours!!!!! So I am losing a day, still keeping my job so ahead of the game but i kind of got use to the money of 5 days to pay my bills and cut into my debt. I mean we will make it have food on the table a roof over our heads. I just didn't realize how bad it was. They keep laying off more people in our area, 25 more jobs bit the dust in our small town today and GPC in Muscatine still hasn't come to an agreement with the union so those guys are still out of work. Doons(sp) the dogfood manufacurer in Muscatine also closed its doors and won't be reopening and I know at least 15 people from our area that that effects! ughh well I keep telling myself not to worry about it but i had to figure out how much less a pay period i would be getting and ughh its 172 dollars! Ouch!!! Sorry for the vent guys but its been a stressful month.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am so sorry they cut your hours but glad you still have a job, keep your heads up, things will turn around. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Sending lots of hugs your way. :hugz: It's crummy that they cut your hours but I'm glad you were able to keep your job.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your hours being cut but glad you still have your job. Things will work out... just keep your faith.

Debbie

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Man oh man...I know what you mean about counting on every penny/dollar to pay bills. I hope that your job is not eliminated in all of the craziness!! Sending you hugs.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
So sorry, Wendy. Keep calm and keep on thinking ahead. And I'm sorry to hear that Muskie is having economic woes; I always liked that town (and all the great melons!)

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Yikes, Wendy! That really stinks about your hours. Perhaps this will be temporary and you can recover from it sooner than you think. :)

·
27,948 Posts
Hang in & hang on, sending you my best. :hug:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hang on I keep hearing better days are coming. I said a prayer for you. Candy

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Keep your chin up and faith things will get better soon. Sorry about your hours but so glad the job is still going . Sending you hugs and good thoughts.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh wendy - this was the last thing you needed.
Am sending lots of positive thoughts out into the atmosphere for you and for the rest of your town, there must be a few people suffering around you as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts