Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully, all clothng you get for Christmas will fit, be cute, be just the right color, and you like it. But I can testify of some clothing disasters. So.... just for fun... What's the ugliest thing in your closet?

Reactions: thesightofoneself

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I had to actually go and LOOK :lol:

Nothing. Over the summer I cleared out all the clothes and only kept the things I really liked. Why keep something I will never wear and have to shuffle around all the time.

I guess, technically, the floor is in the closet... and THAT is ugly. I pulled the carpet out of the room and replaced it with a bound burgundy Berber. I couldn't stand looking at the blue shagalicious monstrosity mocking me every morning so I pulled that out too... because I was 'replacing all the carpet in the spring'.

-- That was in fall of 2001 :thud:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Not sure. But i bet i could find something. My husband is in there right now but he doesn't count.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Awful sweats, all full of pills and look like they are 20 years old. In reality they are only a year old, and pilled the very first wash.

Lesson that I keep having to learn over, and over- it pays to buy quality over price. :(

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I don't have anything at the moment, I pared my wardrobe ruthlessly for my move overseas, but I've had some doozies from ex-DH's grandparents.

·
Registered
906 Posts
A bathrobe MIL gave me. It is neither pretty, soft or sexy. I keep it for when I'm sick or I have to leave the room while the kids have sleepovers.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's a bathrobe for me too. I don't know what I was thinking :shrug2:, because I'm kinda particular about my nighties and such. But it's just a big, bulky, monster of a tan colored terry robe, that adds about 20 lbs. to me. Actually, come to think of it, it probably weighs 20 lbs. :lol3: It had to be that it was on clearance and I had a coupon. I doubt I could give it away. :eek:uch:

Theresa :coffee3:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
this heart shirt my sister gave me

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I've been paring down my closet, also. Have nothing I can think of that's too horrid.

The robe I'm wearing is a big heavy monster of a thing, but as cold as DH keeps the house--I need it!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I have about 3 cleaning t-shirts in there w/ white spots from bleach.
Ditto that! In short sleeve and long sleeve. Once ruined, may as well keep them for cleaning! :shrug2:

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
My Texas Tech t-shirt I paint in covered in house paint and a soft soft robins egg blue sweat shirt I spilled bleach on. I sleep in it now because I just love how soft it is. I am still upset about my stupid bleach job I did to it cleaning the bathroom.

·
27,948 Posts
I have this big oversized sweatshirt (no holes but does have a feew stains) that says USA on it in huge letters. I'm guessing it's from the 80's but it's my go to thing to wear when I want to be comfy and don't care how I look, kinda like right now, lol. :toothy:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've got this T shirt with Mark Twain's face on it that I got at a writer's conference. It is just the right shade of blue, and I love Twain, but it has spills, stains, smudges.... you name it, all over. I still love it and I still wear it around the house some, but gotta admit: it's ugly. Also gotta admit that it's not the only ugly thing in the closet....

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have a bunch of clothes that my mom gave years ago. We aren't the same size but I use them for painting, mowing the yard, etc. We own a fixer upper so it's handy to have a lot of paint and yard work clothes.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Remember the show: "What Not to Wear?" There were some ugly clothes on that show! But I found myself thinking, "I sure hope they don't invade my closet and expose it on national TV. On the show, I saw them ridicule the "mess around the house, do the gardening, take out the trash, scrub the floor" type of clothes, and thought, "Hmmm..... wonder if the hosts do any of those sorts of things at their own homes, and what would they wear for those dirty jobs?"

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Currently wearing the ugly oversized zip up acrylic sweater right now. Got it for a dollar at a yardsale. It is part of my winter at home keep warm ensemble. I bought it because I thought it would keep me warm and be easy to clean. Which it is, but it really is ugly.

A couple years ago I had a whole bunch of ugly in my closet!!! I had become so used to not buying clothing that I did not realize how old, stained, and outstretched my clothing was.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.