Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I was so good. I stayed on my $30 grocery budget almost to the dollar. I was about 28 cents under. Then this week happened. :sigh: It was a super rough week for me, and I was in a sour mood when I hit the store.

I have to tell you it has been MONTHS since I bought convenience foods, which is why I have been able to stick to the budget. Well, I guess all that "scratch" cooking finally got to me. I bought almost $50 worth of convenience foods!!! The only things I bought that weren't convenience were 2 gallons of milk, strawberries, bananas, and, well, that's it! I was so ashamed, but dinner tonite was EASY! :)

OK, you know you've done it too! (or not, and if not, I commend you!)

OH, and I bought a $20 "go phone" because my phone was on it's last leg (or wire) and it's my only phone, no landline. So I felt it was needed, but not budgeted for. MAN I'm a mess! ;)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Don't feel alone. Enjoy your extra time with those sweet little ones and remember "I'll worry about that tomorrow, after all tomorrow is another day!" Dear Scarlett O'Hara, she knew about bad days.:wave:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
It's ok to splurge once in a while! It makes you appreciate those convenience foods a little more when you buy them...even if they arn't that good for you...it's nice to have a quick easy meal sometimes!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
OK, you know you've done it too! (or not, and if not, I commend you!)
Hey, it happens. To me the important thing is continual improvement, not perfection. Because I know for sure I'm not perfect and not likely to ever be. But if I keep working toward my goals I WILL GET THERE!!! :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Don't beat yourself up! Learn and live.

Reactions: Shelli_wnj

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We actually had frozen pizza tonite for dinner, and WOW was that easy! Usually it's make the crust, get out the sauce, grate the cheese, etc... :) Now I'm gonna be spoiled!:catfly:

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Sometimes you just need a break!! I know, I've been there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts