1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i'm not sure you could mail them, but it is so cute!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
In my ChemoAngels group people frequently talk about mailing things in 2-liter soda bottles. They apparently cut a 3-sided square "door" out of one side, open it to fill the bottle, and then tape it securely closed with clear packing tape. They fill the bottle with shredded paper or something else pretty. The address is taped on the bottle and the lid is also taped on.

I have never tried this myself, though, as we have a particularly grumpy postal clerk (the woman criticized someone's handwriting in front of me once, and another time she lectured someone at length because he had improperly addressed a package). I just haven't wanted to face that hassle... call me :chicken: !

That was my long-winded answer to say that yes, I think that would work.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
hey missy - i would think that as long as you put the bottle in a padded envelope & marked it fragile - it may be alright - you can use me as a guinea pig if you need to :D

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey missy - i would think that as long as you put the bottle in a padded envelope & marked it fragile - it may be alright - you can use me as a guinea pig if you need to :D
As soon as I get them, I think I will send you a tester. It won't be till late april, but we'll have to see if it works!

:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes they will go through the mail.

An idea that goes along this line of thinking. We have been known to fill the cleaned out 2 ltr bottles for a fun gift package. Easy make a tapeable door under the lable and make a personalized homemade lable to cover and dress it up. We have had a blast filling them up too. Even teens like it! T-shirts and candy fit very well.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
What else would be a clever idea for mailing invites?
I've blown up balloons, written the invitation on them, then deflated them and mailed the balloons.

I've done the invitations on card stock, then cut them up into jigsaw puzzles, and mailed the pieces.

I've written the invitations backward (only can be read in a mirror) -- this was for a backwards party.

I took the King of Hearts card, scanned it into my graphics program. . . replaced the face with a picture of the birthday boy--- then put the party info on the back.

We made paper flowers with pictures of the birthday girl as the centers -- party info was written on the petals of the flower. . . guests were instructed to bring their flowers to the party. . . they became the center piece , when placed in a vase.

My boys ran a party business when they were in HS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts